"Ninole" Ninole by triplehelix
Ninole Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 27 photos
Ninole is a small strip of sea coast along the way to Honoka'a on the Hamakua coast. Umauma (Oo-mau-ma) is considered and "ahupua'a" which is a strip of land from the top of Mauna Kea to the coast. Nanue (Nah-noo-eh) is the same. Both areas are known tourist stops. Most people spend a few minutes here getting nice snapshots of the gorges and waterfalls. Wailea falls is before Umauma however, I did not want to risk parking my car on the street before it gets hit! This photo was taken from Umauma falls.
The park is hidden away from the highway up a steep hill and around a white wooden bridge. This is a nice area to relax and unwind and maybe have a picnic!
I like this little bridge for some reason. It's almost a rarety.
Though unlikely here, it can happen. Lock your cars up when you park them otherwise you may be missing your loose change... more travel advice
The best way to view this area is on a bike. Sure you can park on the side of the road and get out but its a better... more travel advice
triplehelix's Related Pages
Ninole Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Ninole
- Transportation in Ninole
- Warnings and Dangers in Ninole
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ninole
- 9 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Ninole?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ninole
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hilo Intro, 55 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos
- Puako Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos
- Kawaihae Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Khirbat Serjilla Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos
- Akaka Falls State Park Intro, 6 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ninole Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos
- Kaupulehu Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos
- Qasr `Amrah Intro, 1 review, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Honolulu Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos