"The Landing" Kealakekua by triplehelix
Kealakekua Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 15 photos
Kealakekua was the first area where the Europeans landed (Captain Cook). I cannot stress this enough... Cook was not eaten by the locals, that is purely a myth brought on by xenophobia. Cook was killed and burned on an alter like stage.
Nowadays, Kealakekua is a big fishing and park area visited by many tourists and locals.
On the way down to the bay, you'll run into several kayak rental stores. I must have past over ten of these on the outskirts of Keauhou though the city at the top.
This is either a tour boat or a fishing boat. I'm not sure but I was lucky enough to get this picture from the park area.
triplehelix's Related Pages
Kealakekua Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Kealakekua
- Hotels in Kealakekua
- Nightlife in Kealakekua
- Restaurants in Kealakekua
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kealakekua
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Kealakekua?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kealakekua
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hilo Intro, 55 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos
- Puako Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos
- Kawaihae Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Khirbat Serjilla Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos
- Akaka Falls State Park Intro, 6 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ninole Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos
- Kaupulehu Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos
- Qasr `Amrah Intro, 1 review, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Honolulu Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos