"Historic Ka'upulehu (kah-oo-poo-lae-hoo)" Kaupulehu by triplehelix
Kaupulehu Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 23 photos
Ka'upulehu (originally ka'ulu pulehu) rougly translated means "roasted breadfruit". This area now occupied by Hualalai Resort/Development Company, Kukio Beach, Kona Village, and The Four Seasons Hualalai was once a bustling fishing village in ancient times. The land it self is a leasehold on loan from Bishop Estates. Many features are protected by state and federal law such as once of two ancient Hawaiian navigation dials found near the Resident's Canoe Club.
I myself am a proud employee of The Four Seasons holding a position as Night Manager. Working overnight yeild's many ghostly tales and frightening experiences. Mind you, only two instances involved guests of the hotel during our nine year tenure. Many paranormal happenings occur with our own employees. I can't say that I haven't experienced anything out of the ordinary (if you know me, I'm pretty wierd anyways!). I'm constantly taken in by the beaufitul surroundings as you will see.
Ka'upulehu is home to protected sea life. Here we have a turtle sitting in the sand. There are signs posted that forbid anyone interfere with their natural state i.e. do not touch "kapu"! This is located at the North Beach bordering the Kona Village Resort.
While the shore is beautiful, this is not an ideal place to swim if you're on vacation. The coast is very rocky and when high swells come in, be careful. On a nice day, you can clearly see the island of Maui from here. This is also taken at the North Beach.
- Pros:Weather is always great, awesome views
- Cons:Dangerous tides
- In a nutshell:Ancient fishing village turned blissful resort
The Hualalai Grille is situated directly across our main lobby and is actually not a part of the Four Seasons. It... more travel advice
You may not want to get into the water at certain points of the beach. The tides are unpredictable and it's very rocky... more travel advice
triplehelix's Related Pages
Kaupulehu Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Kaupulehu
- Hotels in Kaupulehu
- Nightlife in Kaupulehu
- Restaurants in Kaupulehu
- Warnings and Dangers in Kaupulehu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kaupulehu
- 10 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Kaupulehu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kaupulehu
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hilo Intro, 55 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos
- Puako Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos
- Kawaihae Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Khirbat Serjilla Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos
- Akaka Falls State Park Intro, 6 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ninole Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos
- Kaupulehu Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos
- Qasr `Amrah Intro, 1 review, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Honolulu Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos