Hilo Nightlife Tips by triplehelix Top 5 Page for this destination

Hilo Nightlife: 7 reviews and 5 photos

Uncle Mikey's Night Club: The Main Spot

Uncle Mikey's Night Club is synonomous in Hilo with after party parties. Again, I'm not a clubber or bar goer but you can't help but notice this place. I used to work in a big office with lots of people who seemed to base their life on social outings. They'd always ALWAYS mention this place and who they remembered (insert activity here) last night. I drove past this place one day and it wasn't all that from the outside. But this is apparently where the scene is at so... Here you go!

They have an online feature where you can view frequently updated webcam shots of the dance floor from their website. One of my former co-workers saw herself getting way too freaky and couldn't stop laughing.

Dress Code: I guess it's casual and comfortable but if you want to be trendy, go ahead.

Address: In Waiakea Villas

Directions: Located in Waiakea Villas complex area next to Miyo's Restaurant overlooking Wailoa State Park.

Theme: Nightclub

Website: http://www.unclemikeysnightclub.com

• Updated Apr 13, 2006
Flipside Too: Alcoholic's Paradise Flipside too and Mina's Review

I haven't been to Flipside or Flipside Too but I hear it can get pretty wild there. I myself am not the bar going type nor do I even drink. I figure I'd add this for those interested. I really don't have much info other than it's one of the few places they'll let you get p^ss drunk before stopping you. In any case, call a taxi or have a designated driver please...

I'm not too sure but I was also told this is a big gay and lesbian hang out if its anything to you. This area is also part of a local joke about hookers being on Mamo St. I guess back in the old days before they "cracked down on it", pun intended, prostitues used to frequent the area. If you go past there at night, you'll most likely see cross dressing hookers hahaha.

Dress Code: Trampy, Slutty, Easy, I'm On the House, you get the idea

Address: 94 Mamo St., Hilo, HI, 96720

Directions: Flipside Too is in the downtown Hilo area near the Farmers Market area.

Phone: (808)-961-0057

Theme: Adult Spot

• Updated Apr 13, 2006
front entrance - Hilo

front entrance

Cronies Bar & Grill: Happy Hour, Live Entertainment, and Pool Tables

Cronies Bar & Grill is a cozy yet cleanly set up gathering area. Picture your hard day at work in the office and all you want to do is relax after landing that account. This would be the place to do it. It's a comfortable place to sit and shoot the bull yet it doesn't feel like a pub or a bar.

Don't act up in here because they do have bouncers. Last time I passed by there were two big guys sitting outside and one was arguing with some skinny guy.

Dress Code: Dress comfortably. You don't have to be trendy here, just make sure you have footwear on.

Address: 11 Waianuenue Ave., Hilo, HI 96720

Directions: Cronie's is located at the very end of Waianuenue Ave. in downtown Hilo. It's overlooking Hilo Bay and Front St.

Phone: (808)-935-5158

Theme: Eating and Drinking

• Written Apr 13, 2006

triplehelix Lives Here!

triplehelix

“The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend...”

Badges & Stats in Hilo