Hilo Nightlife Tips by triplehelix Top 5 Page for this destination
Hilo Nightlife: 7 reviews and 5 photos
Uncle Mikey's Night Club is synonomous in Hilo with after party parties. Again, I'm not a clubber or bar goer but you can't help but notice this place. I used to work in a big office with lots of people who seemed to base their life on social outings. They'd always ALWAYS mention this place and who they remembered (insert activity here) last night. I drove past this place one day and it wasn't all that from the outside. But this is apparently where the scene is at so... Here you go!
They have an online feature where you can view frequently updated webcam shots of the dance floor from their website. One of my former co-workers saw herself getting way too freaky and couldn't stop laughing.
Dress Code: I guess it's casual and comfortable but if you want to be trendy, go ahead.
Address: In Waiakea Villas
Directions: Located in Waiakea Villas complex area next to Miyo's Restaurant overlooking Wailoa State Park.
I haven't been to Flipside or Flipside Too but I hear it can get pretty wild there. I myself am not the bar going type nor do I even drink. I figure I'd add this for those interested. I really don't have much info other than it's one of the few places they'll let you get p^ss drunk before stopping you. In any case, call a taxi or have a designated driver please...
I'm not too sure but I was also told this is a big gay and lesbian hang out if its anything to you. This area is also part of a local joke about hookers being on Mamo St. I guess back in the old days before they "cracked down on it", pun intended, prostitues used to frequent the area. If you go past there at night, you'll most likely see cross dressing hookers hahaha.
Dress Code: Trampy, Slutty, Easy, I'm On the House, you get the idea
Address: 94 Mamo St., Hilo, HI, 96720
Directions: Flipside Too is in the downtown Hilo area near the Farmers Market area.
Theme: Adult Spot
Cronies Bar & Grill is a cozy yet cleanly set up gathering area. Picture your hard day at work in the office and all you want to do is relax after landing that account. This would be the place to do it. It's a comfortable place to sit and shoot the bull yet it doesn't feel like a pub or a bar.
Don't act up in here because they do have bouncers. Last time I passed by there were two big guys sitting outside and one was arguing with some skinny guy.
Dress Code: Dress comfortably. You don't have to be trendy here, just make sure you have footwear on.
Address: 11 Waianuenue Ave., Hilo, HI 96720
Directions: Cronie's is located at the very end of Waianuenue Ave. in downtown Hilo. It's overlooking Hilo Bay and Front St.
Theme: Eating and Drinking
More Reviews (52)
- See All Best Meal Presentation
- See All Boiling Pots State Park
- See All World Famous
- See All Farmer's Market
- See All Hiking Adventure and Lodging
triplehelix's Related Pages
Hilo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Business Center of the Big Island"
- "The lush windward coast"
- "Big Island - Big Sights"
- "Rainforest Trip"
- "Hilo and surroundings"
- "Hilo - the rainiest city in the United States?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hilo
- Hotels in Hilo
- Transportation in Hilo
- Nightlife in Hilo
- Restaurants in Hilo
- Shopping in Hilo
- Warnings and Dangers in Hilo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hilo
- 55 Reviews
- 53 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Hilo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hilo
Photos in HiloSee All Photos (53)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hilo Intro, 55 reviews, 53 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos
- Puako Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos
- Kawaihae Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Khirbat Serjilla Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos
- Akaka Falls State Park Intro, 6 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ninole Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos
- Kaupulehu Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos
- Qasr `Amrah Intro, 1 review, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Honolulu Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos
- Waterfalls- 17 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Big Island Candies Factory- 5 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Helicopter Rides- 6 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Tropical Botanical Gardens- 7 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Lili'uokalani Gardens- 3 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Hula Festival- 2 Reviews, 1 Photo
- Akaka falls state park- 1 Review, 5 Photos
- Volcanoes- 1 Review, 5 Photos
- Banyan Drive- 1 Review, 1 Photo
- Rainbow falls- 1 Review, 5 Photos