"An Aspiring American Traveler" triplehelix's Profile

My Virtual Tourist Inception...

HEADLINE: 2012 PLANS

NEWSFLASH: 02/14/12 - Took me almost a year to update this BUT, I think I may be allowed to leave my jail (aka my desk at work) to trek around the Balkans this year. I had originally planned this for last May but unfortunate events caused by the Sendai tsunami nixed any plans I had for travel outside the Pacific. I did get to experience late winter in South Korea though :p. I'm still in the planning stages of my adventure depending how long I get to leave... I'm hoping for 4 weeks but realistically 3 weeks. On the books: Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Kosovo, Bosnia, and Montenegro. I have just enough time to get a sliver of what each has to offer. Any tips you may have will help :)

ABOUT ME

Well what can I say about myself. I'm not your average Joe nor do I want to be. I'm simply not "one of the boys" and I honestly get along better with women and older people! Probably because I was raised around a lot of older people with rarely a hint of anyone my age around. Aside from that, times were hard growing up but I was still fortunate in some respects. Various hardships have made me a stronger person with a blunt nature and realistic views. I try not to let emotions cloud my judgment so I may appear cold but know that I really do care!

The real me? I'm a dork and a National Geographic reading nerd! I love freaky hair dye (only on vacation ugh...) and I have a fear of body hair and aging. Yeah I might do a lot of girlie stuff but all the girls still love me! I'm not all that social but if its a special occasion, count on me to breathe life into the mix. I'm not a big time drinker (though I love a good Oakville/Napa Valley cabernet sauvignon) and I hate smoking period. I'm soooo metro sexual. I don't see the point in drugs and I'm politically moderate on issues. I think the world should stop whining about Americans and realize that you can't live without our iPods and Starbucks :p. We seem to have infiltrated every avenue of media with our personality cult! I hate letting others take my picture. I'm anti-religious yet tolerant of others beliefs. As long as you don't tell me what I should believe in or tout it to me, I can be your best friend. Religious history is my main drive for travel! I live in a place with perfect weather yet I leave it every chance I have. I'm knowledgeable about many things yet I have no idea how to ride a bike. When frustrated, I show it but I try to push on. I hate not completing tasks and think credit should go where it's due. I can't stand someone who thinks they know everything better than you. I love cats! I don't like dogs :(. I like National Public Radio and Al-Jazeera English. My ideal Saturday night would be alone at home watching a good movie or sipping coffee while going over travel books. I only exercise in the middle of the night (I hate when someone I know said "I SAW YOU RUNNING ON THE HIGHWAY WHAT WERE YOU DOING?????). I hate and love where I live and it's the only home I've known.

What else is there to say...

I have broad interests in mind when it comes to traveling. Most Americans are afraid to step outside of their little town let alone the country. I'm not one of them! Why should a place like Damascus, Syria be more dangerous than lets say New York City (in all honesty I typed this in like... 2008 when it was safe)? We pay too close attention to what the media wants us to think. I'm sick of everyone buying into that crap. Judge the world for yourselves through your own experiences, not from someone who's paid to tell you what the world governments want you to hear. When traveling, I want to see it all! I'm a huge history buff and I can't pass up a good set of ruins or temples. Keep the sandy beaches and the Vegas strip, I'll take Angkor Wat or Meroe any day over that :)

A little alcohol fueled adventure in Jakarta that led to me falling asleep in my bath tub.

Latest 2011 Travel

I am honestly more of an International traveler than a domestic one but this was nice! I had a long weekend so figured "WHY NOT?" and hopped a plane to San Francisco and drove out to Sonoma and Napa Valley. Some of the most beautiful countryside landscapes in the western USA.

• Intro Updated Feb 14, 2012

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2014 at 5:25 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle

• Durfun's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2014 at 4:52 AM

Happy birthday, fellow traveller. Take care and journey well.

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Today I red the sad news at facebook. Sebastian RIP, you will be missed.

• leonik's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2013 at 1:29 AM

RIP sebastian... keep traveling no matter where you are. ;) see you on the other side!

• kiwi's Profile Photo
      Sep 28, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Oh no, this sounds tragic, what has happened?

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2012 at 5:38 AM

Happy Birthday to you! Have a great day!

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Sebastian, happy birthday !

• aadil's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2011 at 11:14 AM

A very Happy Birthday to you and may all your travel dreams come true!!! Great pictures of Hawaii and wish I could get there soon and see the huge astronomical observatories too!!!

• MM212's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2011 at 3:40 AM

Happy birthday Sebastian!

• Rabbityama's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Have a very happy birthday!

• Durfun's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Happy birthday for Friday! Do all Hawaiians love egg soup, as depicted in your new ppp?? If so OD on yolky.. you'll have the weekend to recover!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
triplehelix's Profile Photo

triplehelix

“The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend...”

Real Name