"Hohenschwangau" Hohenschwangau by June.b
Hohenschwangau Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 207 photos
Hohenschwangau (literally translated as "the high area/district of the swan") is that village just below the hohenschwangau castle, a small tourist-oriented village, tourism is the biggest source of income in the area.
There are restaurants, souvenir shops selling postcards, ceramics, King Ludwig II stuff and memorabilia, hotels about 3 or 4 I've seen but I've heard they have about 6, all in lovely houses.
A great view of this village can be seen when you're already at the back of the Neuschwanstein castle on top of the hill.
Hohenschwangau would definitely be your first stop before starting exploring the area and the two castles.
For the sights of Neuschwanstein Castle and most of Schwangau, please check my Schwangau page.
June.b's Related Pages
Hohenschwangau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein Castles"
- "Magical Castles!"
- "Hohenschwangau Castle"
- "Dream castles and lovely lakes"
- "Castle Fantasy"
- "Hohenschwangau - Gateway to Neuschwanstein"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hohenschwangau
- Hotels in Hohenschwangau
- Transportation in Hohenschwangau
- Restaurants in Hohenschwangau
- Shopping in Hohenschwangau
- Warnings and Dangers in Hohenschwangau
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Hohenschwangau
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Hohenschwangau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hohenschwangau
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Ili Intro, 135 reviews, 571 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cairo Intro, 50 reviews, 240 photos
- Luxor Intro, 41 reviews, 200 photos
- Fethiye Intro, 38 reviews, 178 photos
- Goreme Intro, 39 reviews, 174 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 176 photos
- Amasya Intro, 39 reviews, 170 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 22 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Province of Palawan Intro, 33 reviews, 157 photos
- Aswan Intro, 31 reviews, 150 photos