"Singapore" Singapore by June.b
Singapore Travel Guide: 11,464 reviews and 26,731 photos
Founded by Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles in 1819 as a British Trading Post, Singapore now has the world's busiest port, skyscrapers, and highly developed nation with multiethnic population consisting of Malays, Chinese, Arabs, Bugis, and Europeans.
My first visit in Singapore was in the year 1999 and the one thing that I immediately noticed is it's cleanliness. There's dicsipline, and I dunno if there is or are other nations that prohibits sale of chewing gums. Am just not sure if it's still the situation up to the moment.
Buy a pack of cigarrette and you'll feel the guilt ... packs of all cigarrette brands have those horrible photos of the side-effects of smoking in addition to the General Surgeon's warning (which I guess is enough to scare the hell out of every smoker!), like ... photo of a dying cancer patient, gingivitis and other gum diseases, etc...
And hey, you cannot spit on the street and you can't smoke just anywhere during those times, but I guess nowadays they're relaxing laws on smoking, well, time is changing....but there are some good things that should remain. Crime rate is low, still one of the safest places on earth to walk at night.
Alighting from the Bugis MRT station while going to Little India, I happen to pass along the Bugis Village in Rochor... more travel advice
The visit at the largest fountain of course is free! Worth a visit too (and free) is the Sri Mariamman Temple and the... more travel advice
June.b's Related Pages
Singapore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Singapore, My Lil' Haven"
- "1 Main Island and 63 Islets - 699 Sq Km"
- "IMPREXXION: SINGAPORE"
- "Singapore - My Homeland"
- "Keeweechic's Singapore"
- "City of surprises"
- "Singapore - The Garden City!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Singapore
- Hotels in Singapore
- Transportation in Singapore
- Nightlife in Singapore
- Restaurants in Singapore
- Shopping in Singapore
- Warnings and Dangers in Singapore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Singapore
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Singapore
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Ili Intro, 135 reviews, 571 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cairo Intro, 50 reviews, 240 photos
- Luxor Intro, 41 reviews, 200 photos
- Fethiye Intro, 38 reviews, 178 photos
- Goreme Intro, 39 reviews, 174 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 35 reviews, 176 photos
- Amasya Intro, 39 reviews, 170 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 22 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Province of Palawan Intro, 33 reviews, 157 photos
- Aswan Intro, 31 reviews, 150 photos