"Singapore" Singapore by June.b

Singapore Travel Guide: 11,464 reviews and 26,731 photos

One of World's Cleanest Country.

Founded by Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles in 1819 as a British Trading Post, Singapore now has the world's busiest port, skyscrapers, and highly developed nation with multiethnic population consisting of Malays, Chinese, Arabs, Bugis, and Europeans.

My first visit in Singapore was in the year 1999 and the one thing that I immediately noticed is it's cleanliness. There's dicsipline, and I dunno if there is or are other nations that prohibits sale of chewing gums. Am just not sure if it's still the situation up to the moment.

Buy a pack of cigarrette and you'll feel the guilt ... packs of all cigarrette brands have those horrible photos of the side-effects of smoking in addition to the General Surgeon's warning (which I guess is enough to scare the hell out of every smoker!), like ... photo of a dying cancer patient, gingivitis and other gum diseases, etc...

And hey, you cannot spit on the street and you can't smoke just anywhere during those times, but I guess nowadays they're relaxing laws on smoking, well, time is changing....but there are some good things that should remain. Crime rate is low, still one of the safest places on earth to walk at night.

• Intro Updated Nov 8, 2006

• Henrik_rrb's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Nice Singapore tips! Reading them wants me to go back there even more often! :) Thanks for sharing your experiences!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Nice page of Singapore. I always enjoy my visits to Singapore - clean, efficient and many things to do and eat.

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2006 at 7:06 AM

Good little page, brings back nice memories - I also loved Sentosa Island with its incredible oceanarium and dancing fountains.

June.b

“Traveling is the best education there is...and the most expensive one, and no graduation. (Quote me)”

Badges & Stats in Singapore

Have you been to Singapore?

Latest Activity in Singapore