"Barcelona" Barcelona by June.b

Barcelona Travel Guide: 9,678 reviews and 22,285 photos

I love Barca!

From Paris, I took the budget airline Vueling to my third stop on my Eurotrip 2010 --- Barcelona. Upon arriving at the airport terminal 3, I went directly to the basement parking area where the aeroport buses are going to the city centre.

The only thing that screwed things up is the lady at the ticket counter at metro station plaza espagna where i got off from the aerobus from the airport who got herself busy chatting with her colleague and won't sell me a ticket because I'm paying her 50euro bill and she told me that I can only buy tickets at the machine, great!

Trick: I bought a croissant at the small cafe beside the ticket vending machine, presto I got the ticket. Then again, I was so stupid inserting the ticket on the exit slot instead of the entry slot of the entry turnstile, and when i finally discover it after a couple of minutes watching the people get in - I got in - then again, I got lost at the metro taking the wrong direction!

I finally got to metro parallel station and emerges at a big road and took me quite awhile figuring out my way and finding my accommodation - Pension Peiron slash Hostal Apolo .

Still......... I love Barcelona!!!!!!

It totally contradicted all my impression and expectation of the city before finally seeing it.

Barcelona is truly a fascinating city, lots of things to see, to do, to eat and to experience .

After 3 exhausting days...next stop.... Amsterdam. I flew via Vueling also, ticket was cheap.

• Last visit to Barcelona: May 2010
  • Intro Updated Jul 6, 2010

• micas_pt's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Nice page about Barcelona. It is one of my favourite cities.

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2010 at 12:37 PM

I'm visiting Barcelona in a couple of weeks thanks for your great tips hope you enjoyed Amsterdam

June.b

“Traveling is the best education there is...and the most expensive one, and no graduation. (Quote me)”

Badges & Stats in Barcelona

Have you been to Barcelona?

Latest Activity in Barcelona