"Hello and welcome to the city of Kazan!" Lighthouseman's Profile

What is it?

Nowadays, we’re all familiar with that catch-all term of “globalization” that is caused this dramatic increase in transnational travels. And this current trend doesn’t get round Russia. More and more visitors from around the world come to the country. Moreover, Moscow and St. Petersburg which were the two principle destinations only a decade ago, now are not only two places in Russia which are visited by foreigners. Samara, Kazan, Yekaterinburg, Krasnodar etc are now also incredibly interesting for visitors and they need independent information about these cities. So, I am going to fill you in about the city of Kazan.
Kazan, as a capital city of Russian republic of Tatarstan, provides a lot of opportunities for leisure and business. It is 8th most populous city in Russia with 1,200,000 residents living here.
You can find a basic comprehensive review about the city on Wikipedia here:

Where is it?

The city of Kazan is located just about in 900 km (560 miles) to the east from the Moscow
There is no any hassle to find the city on Google maps. Isn’t it?

Who am I?

I am a local resident of the city and I have been living here for a long time. So, I have seen it during Soviet regiment, than Perestroika and present time.

Unfortunately, the city is not friendly (and some time is quite dangerous) to independent visitor from other countries today, as it is presented by official tourist portals. Therefore, I try to provide you with honest and independent point of view to make your visit here a safe and comfortable.
If you have any question about your forthcoming visit to the city, please, do not hesitate asking me.

Best regards,
Albert.

• Intro Updated Nov 23, 2012

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Lighthouseman's Profile Photo

Lighthouseman

“"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do". Goethe”

Real Name