"Hello and welcome to the city of Kazan!" Lighthouseman's Profile
Nowadays, we’re all familiar with that catch-all term of “globalization” that is caused this dramatic increase in transnational travels. And this current trend doesn’t get round Russia. More and more visitors from around the world come to the country. Moreover, Moscow and St. Petersburg which were the two principle destinations only a decade ago, now are not only two places in Russia which are visited by foreigners. Samara, Kazan, Yekaterinburg, Krasnodar etc are now also incredibly interesting for visitors and they need independent information about these cities. So, I am going to fill you in about the city of Kazan.
Kazan, as a capital city of Russian republic of Tatarstan, provides a lot of opportunities for leisure and business. It is 8th most populous city in Russia with 1,200,000 residents living here.
You can find a basic comprehensive review about the city on Wikipedia here:
The city of Kazan is located just about in 900 km (560 miles) to the east from the Moscow
There is no any hassle to find the city on Google maps. Isn’t it?
I am a local resident of the city and I have been living here for a long time. So, I have seen it during Soviet regiment, than Perestroika and present time.
Unfortunately, the city is not friendly (and some time is quite dangerous) to independent visitor from other countries today, as it is presented by official tourist portals. Therefore, I try to provide you with honest and independent point of view to make your visit here a safe and comfortable.
If you have any question about your forthcoming visit to the city, please, do not hesitate asking me.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 27 Reviews
- 91 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Commented on one of painterdave's Las Vegas tips
- Posted in Travel Toronto Forum "Re: Don Mills/Finch Ave E"
- Wrote a Review Sushi: unpretentious and sophisticated. in Kazan' Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sushi: unpretentious and sophisticated."
updated their Profile Page "Hello and welcome to the city of Kazan!"
- updated a Kazan' Travel Page "Kazan"
- Lighthouseman and aussiedoug are now friends.
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kazan' Intro, 21 reviews, 69 photos
- Golubitskaya Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Anapa Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Alicante Intro, 3 photos
- Torrevieja Intro, 3 photos