"Welcome to Worcester, MA! (pronounced "wuh'-stah")" Top 5 Page for this destination Worcester by Phildagr8
Worcester Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 47 photos
Worcester is the 2nd largest city in New England, and I believe it's in terms of 'square miles'. I had a house less than a mile from the Worcester Regional Airport, which is right off Rt. 122. Worcester borders Paxton on the west and Shrewsbury on the east. Lake Quinsigamond is the natural border between Worcester and Shrewsbury. It's very hilly in certain areas, and this town has it's good areas to live and its bad areas to avoid. There's the best bagel place in town on Park Ave, and there's Blue Jeans Pizza, which is the hole-in-the-wall place to get awesome pizza. They have some amazing restaurants, colleges, and I lived there for 5 yrs... happily.
Route 9 has all the shops and views you can imagine. If they're not in Worcester, then they're everywhere in between Worcester and Westborough, a 20 minute drive. The road can be hilly and wavy, and it has more than it's share of traffic lights, so it's definitely considered 'city driving'.
In this picture, you can see for miles!! The house is on a hill, and on a clear day, you can see Boston! The sunrises were amazing, and the view of Worcester was very nice, too! The only drawback was that this road was near the last to get plowed and you needed a 4 wheel drive vehicle to get up the road. If you think THAT is bad, you should've seen how steep my driveway was! :o)
- Pros:Great place to live, lots of action and activities
- Cons:Make sure you stay in the good part of town.
- In a nutshell:Great place to go to do stuff, live and be merry.
This is a cool place to check out. This place is like a mini-zoo/planetarium/artsy-fartsy culturistic place to go. There... more travel advice
This place is probably in the Top 5 restaurants of this town. This has the freshest fish in town, and they also have a... more travel advice
Phildagr8's Related Pages
Worcester Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Worcester, MA! (pronounced "wuh'-stah")"
- "vrage's WOOSTA! page."
- "Oh Worcester....oh WHY?"
- "bigbadmoron's new Worcester Page"
- "SueRivet's new Worcester Page"
- "bob_darft's new Worcester Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Worcester
- Transportation in Worcester
- Nightlife in Worcester
- Restaurants in Worcester
- Shopping in Worcester
- Warnings and Dangers in Worcester
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Worcester
- 4 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Worcester?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Worcester
- Uploaded a Photo to "Check out the Ecotarium!"
- Wrote a Review Check out the Ecotarium! in Worcester Things to Do
- updated a Worcester Travel Page "Welcome to Worcester, MA! (pronounced "wuh'-stah")"
Photos in WorcesterSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos
- Plymouth Intro, 18 reviews, 13 photos
- Providence Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos
- Bucharest Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Middleboro Intro, 14 reviews, 4 photos
- Lebanon Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- China Intro, 13 reviews, 4 photos
- Lake Placid Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- Long Island Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos