"Plymouth - What's here besides "the rock"?" Plymouth by Phildagr8
Plymouth Travel Guide: 142 reviews and 274 photos
Good ?...what is here besides a big rock in a cage..Hmm..
Well, there are a few good restaurants and bars, the Mayflower replica, and you can get a boat tour for about $25/person. Good eats, salty air, clean area.
They finished the Rt 44 highway construction between Rt 58 and Rt 3, so if you're coming from either direction, you can keep going straight!! It becomes 2 lanes so you can actually pass other cars, too! And even better, the speed limit goes from 50 to 65!! No longer do you have to drive down the 30mph road sectoin east of Rt 58, so you'll save about 10-15 minutes. (I drive this new section everyday, so I'm lovin' it!) They built a bridge that goes over Rt 58, and you can easily do 80 on this stretch. Just watch out for the cops that hang out around the first overpass bridge (Rt 80) that goes over this new stretch. They'll 'bag ya' if you're going over 75. They may be on the median or on the side service road on the westbound side of 44, so be careful.
The Cherry St. (Rt 80) exit off of Rt 44 has a huge new mall but it's more like a close collection of big name stores. Dick's, Sam's, Walmart, Circuit City, Bed Bath and Beyond, TGI Fridays, Red Robin, Bertucci's, and it looks like a new restaurant and more stores are being built. The stores aren't connected, so you have to drive between them to go where you want to go. Sam's Club and Walmart are next to each other "at the back of the whole place". I frequent these 2 places and one has items the other doesn't.. in most cases. It's worth checking out. Walmart has a Subway inside, so you can get the "sub of the day" in a meal (w/chips & soda) for only $3.99.
Their menu on their walls is like large chalkboards with a list of what they make. Their dining room is rather small,... more travel advice
This place has an old Plymouth- Pilgrim style flare. It's in an old style building, and it features deli and grill... more travel advice
Phildagr8's Related Pages
Plymouth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PLYMOUTH, MASSACHUSETTS"
- "Plymouth : A travel 381 years back"
- "Plymouth - step back in time"
- "Finding My Mayflower Roots in Plymouth, Mass."
- "Plymouth, Home of the Pilgrims"
- "Plymouth ~ America's Hometown"
- "Plymouth, Massachusetts"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Plymouth
- Hotels in Plymouth
- Transportation in Plymouth
- Nightlife in Plymouth
- Restaurants in Plymouth
- Shopping in Plymouth
- Warnings and Dangers in Plymouth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Plymouth
- 18 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Plymouth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Plymouth
Photos in PlymouthSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos
- Plymouth Intro, 18 reviews, 13 photos
- Providence Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos
- Bucharest Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Middleboro Intro, 14 reviews, 4 photos
- Lebanon Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- China Intro, 13 reviews, 4 photos
- Lake Placid Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- Long Island Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos