"Midleton" Midleton by stephhuddleston
Midleton Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 8 photos
River flowing through town. Also, historically, the source of water for Jameson's Irish Whiskey.
Don't know the name, and didn't go in, but hubby (who did) says there were a ton of people attending mass. And from what we heard from a girl at the Jameson Irish Whiskey center, there are about five masses -- all packed.
The distillery has since moved, but this is where you can shop and take a tour and learn about the process of making Irish whiskey. Irish whiskey is distilled three times. Scotch whiskey twice. And bourbon only once.
Whiskey changes color with time, graduating from light yellow to amber as it absorbs the flavors from its barrel. The barrels are purchased... already "flavored" -- or already having held such flavors as sherry, cognac and something else I can't remember.
At the end of the tour, two people (one male, one female) volunteer to do a whiskey tasting, comparing bourbon and scotch whiskey against a variety of Jameson's Irish. The rest of us get a glass of Jameson's.
- Pros:Architecture, great visuals, Jameson's
- Cons:Quiet town
stephhuddleston's Related Pages
Midleton Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Midleton
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Midleton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Midleton
Photos in MidletonSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Midleton Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Kinsale Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Waterford Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Killarney Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Dungarvan Intro, 3 photos
- Shannon 1 review, 1 photo
- Mount Cook National Park 1 review, 1 photo
- Top 5 Page for this destination Penticton 1 review
- Kenmare 1 review
- Miyakojima Intro, 1 review
No friends yet.