"Mexico City DF" Mexico City by malianrob
Mexico City Travel Guide: 2,111 reviews and 4,387 photos
This is my first trip to Mexico City, I have to say, I love it!
I am not sure why I have never come here before. What I do know is that I will definitely be back.
There is so much to see and do.
I did alot during this trip but there were a few things I wanted to do that I didnt get to do. So I made a list of what I didnt do this time that I will do next time I come to Mexico City:
1. See a futbol game at the Estadio Azteca.
2. See a Bull Fight at the Plaza de Toros
3. Make a side trip to San Miguel de Allende, or Guanajuato or Oaxaca.
4. See a Lucha Libre!!!!!!!!
Some interesting facts: Mexico City is the wealthiest city in all of Latin America. It also has the lowest poverty rate than all of Mexico.
Mexico City is also probably the most liberal city in all of Latin America.
Mexico City is the city with the most museums in the world!
I think alot of people, especially from the States tend to think that all of Mexico is similar to the border towns like Tijuana and Mexicali. They have no clue how different the rest of Mexico can be. Or they have more interest in going to the beach areas.
Mexico City is awesome. There is so much beauty here. I found the people to be so friendly and helpful and even a little bit curious. I cant tell you how many times I was asked where we were from.
The city is huge with trees everywhere. People walk around everywhere here and the public transportation system is one of the best. There are fountains or monuments all over the street. Concidering Mexico City is one of the biggest cities in the world it is relatively clean.
Mexico city also has so many museums and it has been compared to cities like New York in terms of culture and night life.
I only had about five days in Mexico and we tried to do as much as we could.
A VT member suggested we catch the Turibus which was a great idea. We saw alot that day. We also took the two routes that the Turibus takes. The first route is around the City Center and a few other neighborhoods. The other route is going to Coyoacan and the South of the city. We also rode the Subway/metro. We saw the Piramides of Teotihuacan, Xocimilco, the Basilica and a few other stuff. We also saw plenty of museums, we partied in Plaza Garibaldi amd I drank waaaaay too much tequila.
This was such an awesome experience but there were some things I missed so I will have to come back I guess! :)
For a couple of days we actually hired a driver who took us everywhere. He also was inexpensive and trustworthy. This way we made the most of our time. He was also very knowledgeable about the city, the history, the surrounding areas and he had a great personality so we had a great time.
Another thing we did while in Mexico City was to have a mini mini VT meeting here. We got together (myself, Michelle aka Micky-d, and Yvon aka Le Dragon) at La Fonda Santa Clara inside the Fiesta Americana Hotel. This was a place suggested to us by another Vt member Cinthya_in_victoria who unfortunately couldnt make it to our get together because she was going out of town. So as we were getting into Mexico City, Yvon was leaving to go back to Canada.
* YVON, IF YOU ARE READING THIS THANK YOU FOR YOUR LITTLE GIFT! THAT WAS VERY SWEET!
This is the monument to the revolution. It is in the Plaza de la Republica. There are the remains of a few presidents... more travel advice
Besides the "Angel" which is a very impressive monument there are others throughout the city. There is also alot of... more travel advice
- See All Religious places
- See All Estudio Olympico de Ciudad Universitaria
- See All Benito Juarez International Airport
- What to wear????
- Mexican food is the best
malianrob's Related Pages
Mexico City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The biggest city in the world..."
- "Heighten your senses in Mexico City"
- "Huge Metropolis"
- "Mexico City"
- "Mexico City"
- "Moscow-Mexico City flight via Paris (part 1)"
- "Mexico City, the Megalopolis."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mexico City
- Hotels in Mexico City
- Transportation in Mexico City
- Nightlife in Mexico City
- Restaurants in Mexico City
- Shopping in Mexico City
- Warnings and Dangers in Mexico City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mexico City
- 35 Reviews
- 218 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Mexico City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mexico City
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: New Camera"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Monumento a la Revolucion"
- Wrote a Review Monumento a la Revolucion about Monumento a la Revolucion in Mexico City Things to Do
- updated a Mexico City Travelogue "Where the miracle took place"
- Commented on one of spitball's Mexico City travel pages
Photos in Mexico CitySee All Photos (218)
Top 10 Pages
- Los Angeles Intro, 73 reviews, 314 photos, 8 travelogues
- Mexico City Intro, 35 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 38 reviews, 201 photos, 10 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 32 reviews, 197 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 172 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montañita Intro, 25 reviews, 143 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Otavalo Intro, 30 reviews, 138 photos, 7 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 26 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Solvang Intro, 34 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negril Intro, 16 reviews, 138 photos, 10 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (37)
Latest Mexico City hotel reviews
- Sheraton Centro Historico
- 226 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Westin Galeria Plaza
- 158 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 2, 2013
- Aristos Mexico City Hotel
- 139 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Hotel Palace
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 12, 2013
- Marco Polo Hotel Mexico City
- 89 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Hampton Inn & Suites Mexico City - Centro Historico
- 372 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Quality Inn Ciudad De Mexico Roma
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 7, 2013
- Hotel Catedral
- 376 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Hotel Nikko Mexico
- 219 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Sheraton Maria Isabel
- 296 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Hotel Ambassador
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 6, 2013
- Four Seasons Mexico City
- 328 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Hotel Del Principado
- 154 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013