New Orleans Restaurant Tips by malianrob

New Orleans Restaurants: 864 reviews and 789 photos

Great service,Great Food - New Orleans
Emeril's Delmonico Restaurant: Great service,Great Food Emeril's Delmonico Restaurant Review

While in New Orleans we celebrated our anniversary at Emerils Delmonico. We called a few hours before and just tried our luck. Luckily for us we were able to get in as there was only one reservation left.
We walked here from our hotel. It was an easy walk a few miles away. To our surprise as we were eatting our dinner Kevin Costner comes in with a small entourage. Apparently he was to be on one of the parades the following day and he came here for dinner too.
The place is fancy, the service is excellent. They are always watching to see if your glass is alost empty so they can fill it up or if you are done with your food to take away a plate or something. Very attentive.
We called before hand to find out about dress codeshere. No shorts. We went casual but nice and they were cool with that.

Favorite Dish: I had a filet mignon and Rob had the New York Steak. Mines was excellent! We also had mashed potatoes and spinach. Everthing was excellent.

Address: 1300 St. Charles Ave

Comparison: more expensive than average

Directions: 0.5 mi. w. of US 90 in the Garden District

Phone: 504.525.4937

Price: US$31-40

Excellent desserts - New Orleans
Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro: Excellent desserts Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro Review

We came here a few times because this place was very close to our condo. Also it was one of the only places still opened after most of the parades. We didnt even have to get in our car, we just walked here.
The food wasnt bad but it wasnt great. What I loved the most here was the desserts. One time I came here I had the chicken kabobs and mashed ptoatoes. Rob had the jambalaya. He thought it was good. Another occassion I had some pasta with chicken. It was alright. Rob got mussels and some other seafood. He said it was great.
Since i am not a seafood person I had a hard time in New Orleans. From what I hear, they have tons of great seafood. Rob can vouch for that. Me?.. I cant.

Favorite Dish: The fudge brownie a la mode was great and so was their strawberry cheesecake. All their desserts looked really good.
The service was very good also. The prices where average.

Address: 2001 St. Charles Ave. , 70130

Comparison: about average

Directions: Take I-10 East and exit the Carondelet Street/St. Charles Avenue ramp and proceed to the second light (St. Charles Avenue) and turn right. The restaurant is nine blocks down on the right hand side ins

Phone: 504 593 9955

Rating: 4

Petunias for breakfast - New Orleans
Petunias, A Restaurant: Petunias for breakfast Petunias, A Restaurant Review

We got up early to have breakfast somewhere. My girlfriend told me about Petunias and we just happened to run right into it. I had a basic eggs and bacon breakfast, Rob had an Orleans breakfast and a bloody Mary. The Orleans breakfast had a sausage like thing that I cant remember what it was called but it started with a "B". Soething like boudain...something like that. It tasted like stuffing stuffed in a sausage but it also came with sausage on the side and potatoes and alot of other food.
Inside the restaurant looks like you are at someones house. It doesnt look or feel like you are in a restaurant. There were also many locals here during our visit.
The service was great and so was the food.

Address: 817 St. Louis Street, New Orleans LA

Comparison: less expensive than average

Directions: Between Bourbon and Dauphine Sts.

Phone: 504-522-6440

Price: less than US$10

la Bayou Restaurant - New Orleans
La Bayou Restaurant: la Bayou Restaurant

We were really hungry and I think we were on Bourbon St. They had a few people outside their restaurant trying to get customers to com inside. We decided to give it a try. I had a Po'Boy roast beef. Rob had the taste of New Orleans which was Gumbo, Jambalaya, and red beans and rice. The food was very good. And pretty much very restaurant we went into in New Orleans they had great service!

Address: In the French Quarter, Bourbon St...I think

Rating: 4

• Written Feb 24, 2008
Lil Dizzy's Cafe - New Orleans
Lil Dizzy's Cafe: Lil Dizzy's Cafe

Well, there is two Lil' Dizzy's that I know of. The one we went to was in the lobby of the WWhitney Wyndham hotel. What is unique about this place is that it used to be a bank and you can tell from some of the pictures where it says tellers, etc..
They are opened for breakfast and lunch and are known for their Creole food.
I had some bacon and eggs, Rob had a Jambalaya omelet. The food was very tastey and the service was great.
On Sundays there is an all you can eat Sunday Champagne Brunch anf live jazz music.

Address: 610 Poydras St

• Updated Feb 24, 2008
Arnauds - New Orleans
Arnaud's: Arnauds Arnaud's Review

Arnauds is a pretty big place. It is practically the entire block. There is a restaurant (main dining area), the cafe where you can listen to the band play, A bar, theres a poker room, and banquet rooms upstairs. There is also an area where you can dine separate from everyone else and in a more private setting where you are covered by a curtain .
Upstairs there is also a museum that is free to check out. There is usually not too many people up here and it is alittle creepy.(the museum).
If you are dining in the main dining room you should know that the attire is "smart casual". Nice jeans are ok with a nice jacket or dressy shirt for men.
The atmosphere here is alittle on the fancy side. The same type of fancy as Emerils. The service was absolutely excellent and the food was great too. Our waiter gave us a tour of the entire place when we were done with our diner.

Favorite Dish: They are known here for their souffle potatoes. It was an accident that became a famous dish here. I thought they were ok. i thought they would have something inside of them but they didnt.
I of course had a filet mignon, Rob had mussels and a salmon dish. He wanted crawfish but they were not in season.

Address: 813 Rue Bienville New Orleans, LA 70112

Website: http://www.arnauds.com/

Review Helpfulness: 3 out of 5 stars

• Updated Feb 23, 2008

malianrob

“The brave dont live forever, the cautious dont live at all.”

Badges & Stats in New Orleans

Have you been to New Orleans?

Latest Activity in New Orleans