"Lana'i" Lanai by malianrob
Lanai Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 145 photos
We just got back from Hawaii and what a trip it was! I was lucky enough to be able to visit the small island of Lana'i. We took a 45 minute ferry out from Lahaina and headed toward Manele Bay in Lana'i. When we arrived there we got a shuttle to the car rental company where we rented a jeep. I quickly found out how important a jeep is on this island. I wanted to be adventurous and check out as much as I possibly can. There are only a few roads that are paved on this island and most of them are unpaved. So if you plan to see some nice secluded beaches you will absolutely need a jeep or something similar with 4x4.
I loved driving around Lana'i city and checking out all the scenery. Most of the houses are small with tin roofs. They are so cute.
The city or town is small and is centered around Dole Park. Lana'i is the third smallest of the Hawaiian Islands and it is 98% privately owned.
Another interesting beach is Shipwreck Beach or Kaiolohia. This isnt a good place to swim or snorkel because the water... more travel advice
If you stay on the same road that brought you to Garden of the Gods you continue for another 6 miles and you will hit... more travel advice
malianrob's Related Pages
Lanai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "This was an amazing surprise"
- "Two Days in Lana'i"
- "Pineapple City or the Porkchop Island"
- "The Pineapple Island"
- "Lanai city monkey"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lanai
- Hotels in Lanai
- Transportation in Lanai
- Nightlife in Lanai
- Restaurants in Lanai
- Warnings and Dangers in Lanai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lanai
- 9 Reviews
- 86 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Lanai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lanai
Top 10 Pages
- Los Angeles Intro, 73 reviews, 314 photos, 8 travelogues
- Mexico City Intro, 35 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 38 reviews, 201 photos, 10 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 32 reviews, 197 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 172 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montañita Intro, 25 reviews, 143 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Otavalo Intro, 30 reviews, 138 photos, 7 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 26 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Solvang Intro, 34 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negril Intro, 16 reviews, 138 photos, 10 travelogues