"Hanapepe- Lilo and Stitch Town" Hanapepe by malianrob

Hanapepe Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 64 photos

Kauai's Biggest Little Town

I dont know what it was about Hanapepe but I loved this little town. There was so much charm to it and even though there really wasnt much to do here I really enjoyed spending time here.

I am not sure where the correlation is with Hanapepe and Lilo and Stitch. I think I will have to watch the movie again but its also called Lilo and Stitch town. I dont know if its because the movie used the name or the people that made the movie got the inspiration from this town.
That is something I will have to look into.
When Koa heard this he was looking for Lilo or Stitch all over town.
This is a quiet little place with lots of charm and lots of art gallerys. But this town also has a past.
Turns out that way back in the 1800's Hanapepe used to be the wild side of town with many bars and opium dens. Its a sleepy little town now that is starting to come back to life but there is something special here and its worth coming to check out.

• Last visit to Hanapepe: Dec 2007
  • Intro Updated Dec 16, 2007

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2009 at 7:04 PM

great photos and tips. that looks really really cool.

• spitball's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2008 at 3:58 PM

I really loved Hanapepe, and was told by a great artist that friday nights are open studio nights, so I did make it back for one night. All the way from the Napali coast!

• AKtravelers's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2007 at 11:32 PM

Did you do art night in Hanapepe? Every Friday night, the galleries stay open late and it's fun to browse.

malianrob

“The brave dont live forever, the cautious dont live at all.”

Badges & Stats in Hanapepe

Have you been to Hanapepe?

Latest Activity in Hanapepe