"Indio" Indio by malianrob

Indio Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 46 photos

We came to Indio for the weekend. Once again my timeshare built this new location. I firts thought was why Indio? They boasted that this was their biggest and best resort so far. I still thought why Indio????
The truth is that in the middle of summer there is only one thing I would do here, just like in Palm Springs which wasnt too far away from here and that was lay out in the sun and swim all day and night. Or hang out in the resort or your room with the airconditioning basting high because it gets hot. For our family that sounds just fine. Other people might want something else to do.
Our family loves to go on weekend trips and if its fairly close thats even better. Indio was about a 2 hour 20 minute drive from our house in LA. It is right past Palm Springs. Indio is also famous for their golf courses and alot of people come here for that.

I am not a golfer and I wasnt about to go hiking in 115 degree weather I did the next best thing. I hung out at lazy river that the resort had. Their are about 3 or four different pools here and a lazy river that had misters. I was in heaven.
The resort also has lakes with small waterfalls and a huge recreation room. This place is still underconstruction and once completed it will be even bigger. There is a golf course right next to the resort and really nothing else. If you look out all you will see is desert.

• Intro Updated Jul 4, 2007

Comments

malianrob

“The brave dont live forever, the cautious dont live at all.”

Badges & Stats in Indio