"Stonehenge" Stonehenge by malianrob
Stonehenge Travel Guide: 136 reviews and 560 photos
Never thought I would make it here but here I am. We got here on bus and it took us directly to Stonehenge. As we walked through and got our ticket we were also given what looked like a walkie talkie. Its a recorded tour in your language about the site. there are like 11 stations or so and you press the cooresponding number and you can listen to what the tour says. Its nice because you can do it at your own pace.
Stonehenge is a great, ancient circle made of two types of stones. Bluestones that weigh as much as four tons and Sarsen stones that average eighteen feet in height and twenty-five tons.
It is said that Stonehenge was built over 5000 years ago but it is a mystery as to why it was built or by whom.
These stones were dragged from over 280 miles away in Whales.
malianrob's Related Pages
Stonehenge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Stones, At Last!"
- "Ancient Monuments"
- "Stonehenge, my least favorite daytrip from London"
- "STONEHENGE The Prehistoric Mystery"
- "Those stones at Stonehenge"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stonehenge
- Hotels in Stonehenge
- Transportation in Stonehenge
- Restaurants in Stonehenge
- Shopping in Stonehenge
- Warnings and Dangers in Stonehenge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stonehenge
- 0 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Stonehenge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stonehenge
Photos in StonehengeSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Los Angeles Intro, 73 reviews, 314 photos, 8 travelogues
- Mexico City Intro, 35 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 38 reviews, 201 photos, 10 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 32 reviews, 197 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 172 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montañita Intro, 25 reviews, 143 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Otavalo Intro, 30 reviews, 138 photos, 7 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 26 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Solvang Intro, 34 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negril Intro, 16 reviews, 138 photos, 10 travelogues