"Baltra Island Galapagos" Isla Baltra by malianrob
Isla Baltra Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 55 photos
There isnt a whole lot to see in Baltra but this is where you would land if you come by plane. The main thing here is the airport and the two main airlines that come here are TAME and Aerogal.
We got kind of lucky with our airfare here too because my cousin Nena works for the airline TAME and she informed me about a special they were having for a limited time where non-nationals pay as much as nationals so our airfare was pretty inexpensive.
Regular airfare prices for non-nationals average about $399.00 for adults and $199.00 for non-national children. Nationals pay about half of those prices.
At the airport you pay your $100.00 entrance fee to get into the park. Nationals pay $6 (children of Nationals pay $3) and residents of the Galapagos pay nothing.
Like I mentioned on my Galapaos page, I was able to pay the $6 fee because I got my dual citizenship and even though my minor children still dont have their dual citizenship they only paid $3. That was unexpected news to me because I was expecting to pay the full $100 for them. Minor is considered under twelve. My two older kids ages 17 and 12 years old had to pay the full $100 and so did my husband.
Here we are waiting fot the bus to take us to the ferry to get to the island of Santa Cruz where my cousin Belen lives.
- Cons:Not a whole lot to see here
- In a nutshell:Entrance to the Galapagos
Written Jan 6, 2007
Written Jan 6, 2007
Going to Baltra, The whole process in reverse
malianrob's Related Pages
Isla Baltra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Arriving to/leaving Galapagos Islands"
- "Baltra Ecuador"
- "Not much there except the airport"
- "Baltra Island Galapagos"
- "BALTRA ISLAND GALAPAGOS ARCHIPELIGO"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla Baltra
- 0 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Isla Baltra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla Baltra
Photos in Isla BaltraSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Los Angeles Intro, 73 reviews, 314 photos, 8 travelogues
- Mexico City Intro, 35 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 38 reviews, 201 photos, 10 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 32 reviews, 197 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 172 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montañita Intro, 25 reviews, 143 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Otavalo Intro, 30 reviews, 138 photos, 7 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 26 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Solvang Intro, 34 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negril Intro, 16 reviews, 138 photos, 10 travelogues