"Baltra Island Galapagos" Isla Baltra by malianrob

Isla Baltra Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 55 photos

There isnt a whole lot to see in Baltra but this is where you would land if you come by plane. The main thing here is the airport and the two main airlines that come here are TAME and Aerogal.
We got kind of lucky with our airfare here too because my cousin Nena works for the airline TAME and she informed me about a special they were having for a limited time where non-nationals pay as much as nationals so our airfare was pretty inexpensive.
Regular airfare prices for non-nationals average about $399.00 for adults and $199.00 for non-national children. Nationals pay about half of those prices.

At the airport you pay your $100.00 entrance fee to get into the park. Nationals pay $6 (children of Nationals pay $3) and residents of the Galapagos pay nothing.
Like I mentioned on my Galapaos page, I was able to pay the $6 fee because I got my dual citizenship and even though my minor children still dont have their dual citizenship they only paid $3. That was unexpected news to me because I was expecting to pay the full $100 for them. Minor is considered under twelve. My two older kids ages 17 and 12 years old had to pay the full $100 and so did my husband.

Here we are waiting fot the bus to take us to the ferry to get to the island of Santa Cruz where my cousin Belen lives.

Baltra Island Airport

• Cons:Not a whole lot to see here
  • In a nutshell:Entrance to the Galapagos
  • Last visit to Isla Baltra: Dec 2005
  • Intro Written Jan 5, 2007

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2010 at 1:02 AM

It is so expensive to visit Galapagos, but I don't want to miss it when I go to Ecuador next year. Great info about arriving to the islands!

malianrob

“The brave dont live forever, the cautious dont live at all.”

Badges & Stats in Isla Baltra

Have you been to Isla Baltra?

Latest Activity in Isla Baltra