"Beautiful Mindo" Top 5 Page for this destination Mindo by malianrob

Mindo Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 295 photos

Mindo 2007

Well here I am back in Mindo for the second time. The first time I came here I fell in love with this place so I convinced my cousin to bring me back.
The way I see it.. forget Quito and all the big cities, Mindo is the place to be. I still love it.
On this visit I took alot more pictures and I hope to be more help.
First of all, Mindo is a small town but it has grown tremendously since the last time I came. There is also alot more to do now.

Mindo 2001

On this particular trip we spent a few days in Atacames then on the way back to Qutio we passed through Mindo. I had heard my cousins rave about it so I decided to check it out for myself. I loved it!

I cant remember how long it took us to get here the last time I came but I know it took a long time. On my recent visit to Mindo it only took us 1 1/2 hours to get here from Quito. The roads have been repaired and paved so the ride is shorter and safer.
Many of the roads in Quito have been repaired and are now controlled by private companies. I have noticed a significant difference in the maintenance of the roads and drive time is 100 times better.

• Pros:Not far from Quito, great jungle adventures
  • Cons:Cant think of one
  • Intro Updated Jan 15, 2007

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2010 at 9:41 PM

The landscape around Mindo looks beautiful! I hope to visit when I go to Ecuador next year.

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2008 at 6:20 PM

Next time, I have to go to Mindo. I see it's more than just bird watching.

• calcaf38's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2007 at 6:50 PM

Great page. It is a dream of mine to visit Mindo.

• micky-d's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2007 at 1:56 PM

Mindo, looks so beautiful! I cant wait to get there!~Micky

• verobo's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2007 at 7:28 PM

Great info....lots to do

• kevostyle's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2007 at 3:49 PM

Now is Mindo a rain forrest, jungle... what exactly? Your pictures are great though. You always have the personal touch to your pages. Its like looking at a personal photo album. I like that.

malianrob

“The brave dont live forever, the cautious dont live at all.”

Badges & Stats in Mindo