"Papallacta" Papallacta by malianrob
Papallacta Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 153 photos
I came to Papallacta with family and friends. I had never been here before and I wasnt sure what to expect. I got to say I wasnt dissappointed. Papallacta was beautiful. We spent most of the morning in the hot springs and in the afternoon we went horseback riding. We only stayed for the day but on my next trip i think I will stay alittle longer. Papallacta is little town known for its great hot springs and fresh trout not too far off the main road about an hour and a half east of Quito on the road to Tena. For $5 per day, you can soak in the well-maintained pools of varying degrees of heat from mountain-river cold to very hot. There is a spa to the right of the main entrance to the pools.
Papallacta is concidered the entrance to the Oriente. Its still on high elevation so it can get chilly here and you are as high as the clouds.
Papallacta's location is between two volcanoes, Volcano Cayambe and Volcano Antisana.
The source temperature of the thermal baths varies between 30°C and 70°C (86°F and 158°F). At the pools the temperature ranges from 36°C to 40°C (97°F to 104°F). But as soon as you get out of the pools it will get cold. There are many facilities here where you can change if you are not staying in the lodging here. Many people do the day trip. There are also lockers available to keep you belongings and if you want to keep your stuff near you they offer baskets to keep your stuff in.
There are horses right outside that are available to take you around the nearby area. You can go for about one hour.... more travel advice
This is actually a spa resort. When I first came to Papallacta the hotel wasnt here i dont think. Or maybe now they just... more travel advice
malianrob's Related Pages
Papallacta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hot springs"
- "Termas de Papallacta (Papallacta Hot Springs)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Papallacta
- Hotels in Papallacta
- Transportation in Papallacta
- Restaurants in Papallacta
- Warnings and Dangers in Papallacta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Papallacta
- 5 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Papallacta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Papallacta
Photos in PapallactaSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Los Angeles Intro, 73 reviews, 314 photos, 8 travelogues
- Mexico City Intro, 35 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 38 reviews, 201 photos, 10 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 32 reviews, 197 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 172 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montañita Intro, 25 reviews, 143 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Otavalo Intro, 30 reviews, 138 photos, 7 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 26 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Solvang Intro, 34 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negril Intro, 16 reviews, 138 photos, 10 travelogues