"Papallacta" Papallacta by malianrob

Papallacta Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 153 photos

Papallacta in 2002

I came to Papallacta with family and friends. I had never been here before and I wasnt sure what to expect. I got to say I wasnt dissappointed. Papallacta was beautiful. We spent most of the morning in the hot springs and in the afternoon we went horseback riding. We only stayed for the day but on my next trip i think I will stay alittle longer. Papallacta is little town known for its great hot springs and fresh trout not too far off the main road about an hour and a half east of Quito on the road to Tena. For $5 per day, you can soak in the well-maintained pools of varying degrees of heat from mountain-river cold to very hot. There is a spa to the right of the main entrance to the pools.

Papallacta is concidered the entrance to the Oriente. Its still on high elevation so it can get chilly here and you are as high as the clouds.
Papallacta's location is between two volcanoes, Volcano Cayambe and Volcano Antisana.
The source temperature of the thermal baths varies between 30°C and 70°C (86°F and 158°F). At the pools the temperature ranges from 36°C to 40°C (97°F to 104°F). But as soon as you get out of the pools it will get cold. There are many facilities here where you can change if you are not staying in the lodging here. Many people do the day trip. There are also lockers available to keep you belongings and if you want to keep your stuff near you they offer baskets to keep your stuff in.

Papallacta in 2007

Well I came back. Its still as beautiful as ever. The prices did goup slightly but there have also been some improvements to the place. Its not as rustic as it once was which is what i liked about it here but the improvements are worth it.

• Intro Updated May 18, 2007

malianrob

“The brave dont live forever, the cautious dont live at all.”

Badges & Stats in Papallacta

Have you been to Papallacta?

Latest Activity in Papallacta