"Chaltura" San José de Chaltura by malianrob
San José de Chaltura Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 16 photos
For many people Chaltura would be completely overlooked. It is on the road to Ibarra from Otavalo. There is a small sign on the main highway and a dirt road that you turn into. It is so small that you could easily miss it. From there you would drive up that road for about a mile and a half and we will see a larger sign that welcomes you to the town.
Why come here you might ask? Well Chaltura is known to raise cuys (guinie pig) and they are also known as the best place to eat them. Chaltura is known to serve the best tasting Cuy.
Beautiful countryside on the outskirts of the town of Chaltura.
Other than a handful of restaurants that serve cuy among other things, there is not much to do here or see. Every restaurant boasts that they serve the best cuy in town.
- Pros:Where cuys are raised and cooked to your liking.
- Cons:That might not be a good thing for some.
malianrob's Related Pages
San José de Chaltura Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in San José de Chaltura
- 2 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to San José de Chaltura?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San José de Chaltura
Photos in San José de ChalturaSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Los Angeles Intro, 73 reviews, 314 photos, 8 travelogues
- Mexico City Intro, 35 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 38 reviews, 201 photos, 10 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 32 reviews, 197 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 172 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montañita Intro, 25 reviews, 143 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Otavalo Intro, 30 reviews, 138 photos, 7 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 26 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Solvang Intro, 34 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negril Intro, 16 reviews, 138 photos, 10 travelogues