"Isla Santa Cruz Galapagos" Isla Santa Cruz by malianrob
Isla Santa Cruz Travel Guide: 92 reviews and 722 photos
This is my second time to the Galapagos Islands. The first time I went with my mom and dad and sisters. I was probably about 14 years old. I was taking my husband and the younger kids to Ecuador for the first time and I decided to take them to the islands just as my parents took us.
When I went, we took the cruise and we where ther for about 8 days. The cruise was great but I was convinced by my cousins that I should just stay on one island and do day trips to the other islands. On the cruise everything is so scheduled and not alot of time to do your own thing.
Now looking back, I should have done the cruise.
My kids had a great time as the Galapagos are an experience to remember.
Here is Alexis, Adrian and Koa as we got off the ferry in Santa Cruz.
I find out that there are actually three Lonesome Georges.
Most people come to Santa Cruz to see the Galapagos National Park and Charles Darwin Centre. Admittance is free and you can go on your own or with a tour guide.
We did the walking tour on our own and it took roughly over an hour. It all depends on how many pictures you want to take and how long you want to stare at the turtles and iguanas.
Lonesome George looked tired and old. I think they said he was 130 years old.
After we went to Rancho Primisias to look at the turtles in the wild or taxi driver took us to The tunnels. They are... more travel advice
Tortuga Bay is on the Southern part of the island. You can get to the entrance by taxi or walk like we did. Then you get... more travel advice
malianrob's Related Pages
Isla Santa Cruz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Isla Santa Cruz"
- "Isla Santa Cruz Galapagos"
- "From the beaches to the Highlands"
- "ISLA SANTA CRUZ GALAPAGOS ARCHIPELIGO"
- "The Three aspects of Santa Cruz"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla Santa Cruz
- Hotels in Isla Santa Cruz
- Transportation in Isla Santa Cruz
- Restaurants in Isla Santa Cruz
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla Santa Cruz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla Santa Cruz
- 5 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Isla Santa Cruz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla Santa Cruz
Top 10 Pages
- Los Angeles Intro, 73 reviews, 314 photos, 8 travelogues
- Mexico City Intro, 35 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 38 reviews, 201 photos, 10 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 32 reviews, 197 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 172 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Otavalo Intro, 30 reviews, 138 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montañita Intro, 25 reviews, 143 photos, 7 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 26 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Solvang Intro, 34 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negril Intro, 16 reviews, 138 photos, 10 travelogues