"Paris" Paris by malianrob
Paris Travel Guide: 22,165 reviews and 53,882 photos
The count down begins for our trip to Paris. Two months away! I cant wait.
We will be here for my daughters 15th birthday and my nieces 18th birthday. What a way to celebrate.
In our culture we celebrate a girls 15th birthday with a big Quincenera. Its like a sweet sixteen or a debutant ball. Its almost equal to a wedding. There is a church ceremony, the big dress, the limo, the couples, the tiered cake, etc.......
So when I asked my daughter what she wanted to do she said she wanted to go somewhere enstead. I knew it had to be a special trip. We decided to go to Paris.
We will be going in November 2009 and the girls are so excited!
Wow! What an amazing trip. We spent alittle over a week in Paris and we had a wonderful time. We had a whirlwind trip of Paris, Versailles, and Normandy. We figured out the subyway system and the trains and we were everywhere.
Being that it was November it was very cold in Paris. The forecast said rain everyday but really it rained only twice and it wasnt so bad. We really didnt even need an umbrella. We dressed warm and since we walked around so much we were actually hot.
We did so much walking! Everyday we were exhausted every single night. The sights were amazing and we had a great time. The food was a totally other story. I realize that I justdont have a French palate. I couldnt wait to get to the States for some good meals!
We experienced a little bit of that French attitude that we were warned about but we also encountered some sweet and helpful people.
For the first few days we walked everywhere. We stayed in the Montmartre area and we walked from there to the City Center, to Pere La Chaise Cemetary, to the Eiffel Tower. Soon we realized that we were wearing ourselves out and taxis can get expensive. We talked to the staff at our hotel and they explained the metro system to us. I dont know why I was a little intimidated by the metro system, maybe because I dont really use the one we have in LA. As soon as I figured it out, it was so easy! The metro saved my life and my feet!!
- Pros:So much history, great sights
- Cons:the food, people are not too friendly
Considering that this park is so huge we couldnt find it. We walked in circles and asked directions and just couldnt... more travel advice
Auguste Rodin's sculptures and private art collection have been housed here. There are a number of sculptures in the... more travel advice
malianrob's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "Three plus one of the best museums in the world."
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 20 Reviews
- 172 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
Top 10 Pages
- Los Angeles Intro, 73 reviews, 314 photos, 8 travelogues
- Mexico City Intro, 35 reviews, 218 photos, 10 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 38 reviews, 201 photos, 10 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 32 reviews, 197 photos, 10 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 172 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montañita Intro, 25 reviews, 143 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Otavalo Intro, 30 reviews, 138 photos, 7 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 26 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Solvang Intro, 34 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Negril Intro, 16 reviews, 138 photos, 10 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (37)
Latest Paris hotel reviews
- Citadines Opera Grand Boulevards Paris
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- L'Hotel de la Folie Mericourt
- 51 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 2, 2013
- Hotel Antin Saint Georges Paris
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 12, 2012
- Hotel Royal Saint Germain
- 96 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Roma Sacre Coeur Hotel
- 203 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Grand Hotel Albouy Paris
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 1, 2013
- Regetel Berne Opera
- 99 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Comprador Hotel
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 16, 2013
- Atel Relais Medicis
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Hotel Waldorf Montparnasse
- 64 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Hotel Le Bristol
- 294 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Comfort Hotel Davout Nation
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 11, 2013
- Hotel California Saint Germain
- 127 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 3, 2013
- Villa D'Estrees
- 120 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 2, 2013