"2 Visits to the land of eternal springtime" Asmara by Slooper
Asmara Travel Guide: 88 reviews and 477 photos
A quick flight in a USAF Goonie Bird, and I was able to escape the summer heat of the Saudi desert and visit this high cool country just west of the Red Sea. For more info and photos on this visit, see my
"Asmara, Eritrea, Africa - August 1960" album.
My second chance to catch a flight across the Red Sea to Asmara was "winter time," but the temperate, high altitude climate was just as pleasant as my August visit. Probably many changes since those enjoyable days of my youth, but the fond memories are vivid of the friendly folks and relaxing atmosphere. At first it was surprising to find such a strong Italian influence, but reviewing a little history explained why we had so many great Italian meals here. See my travel photo album from this visit:
"Asmara, Eritrea, Africa - Jan. 1961"
Slooper's Related Pages
Asmara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Asmara, Eritrea"
- "Asmara: The "Little Rome" of Africa"
- "Lovely Asmara"
- "Asmara - City of Surprises"
- "Asmara - nice people and poor country"
- "eritrea : undiscovered jewel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Asmara
- Hotels in Asmara
- Transportation in Asmara
- Nightlife in Asmara
- Restaurants in Asmara
- Shopping in Asmara
- Warnings and Dangers in Asmara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Asmara
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Asmara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Asmara
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tela Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- La Ceiba Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Cayos Cochinos Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Dinsmore Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- George Town Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Riyadh Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Singapore Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Beirut Intro, 3 photos
- Namur Intro, 3 photos
- Eureka Intro, 3 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Latest Asmara hotel reviews
- InterContinental Asmara
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013