"Oman Musandam Fjord Tour" Khasab by Slooper
Khasab Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 62 photos
Arranged though Oman's Khasab Travel & Tours (with an office in Dubai) we spent a very long, but delightful day, driving northeast of Dubai to enter a northern part of Oman for a special visit to the “Norway of Arabia” or "Arabian fjords." We would enjoy some swimming in the warm fjord and with a small group of other dhows, we would play with dolphins. We entered this non-contiguous portion of the Sultanate of Oman for a cruise on on old motorized dhow - the tour described by the travel company as follows:
"The Khor Sham is a sheltered, 17 km long Fjord. The water is crystal clear and calm, very inviting for snorkeling or swimming. The mountains rise out of the sea and reflect back on the water. There are almost always dolphins playing and following the boats as they cruise around the villages."
On our way to Oman from Dubai City, we passed through the smaller Emirates of Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Qaiwain and Ras Al Khaimah.
For 2 photo albums from this Arabic fjord cruise, I invite you to check out our WheelerFolk.org travel pages from our 2005 Middle East visit.
Slooper's Related Pages
Khasab Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Magnificent Musandam Peninsula, Oman"
- "KHASAB THE MAIN TOWN OF MUSANDAM GOVERNORATE"
- "Khasab Oman"
- "Khasab, Mosandam, Oman"
- "Oman Musandam Fjord Tour"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Khasab
- Hotels in Khasab
- Transportation in Khasab
- Restaurants in Khasab
- Warnings and Dangers in Khasab
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Khasab
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Khasab?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Khasab
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tela Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- La Ceiba Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Cayos Cochinos Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Dinsmore Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- George Town Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Riyadh Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Singapore Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Beirut Intro, 3 photos
- Namur Intro, 3 photos
- Eureka Intro, 3 photos