"A few days in La Ceiba, Honduras" La Ceiba by Slooper
La Ceiba Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 19 photos
We spent a relatively short amount of time here, but found the town interesting and convenient. It was only a few short blocks from the plaza in the center of town to the beach. While an easy and pleasant walk, the beach scene wasn't very much nor exciting. We would recommend a walk out on the old pier if you are careful not to fall through the openings resulting from missing or rotten pier planks.
At least for us, La Ceiba was mostly a base for accessing other areas. Here we met a friend flying down from another state in the US. We then all went out for 6 days on one of the "Hog Islands" or Cayos Cochinos. We would also spend a few hours here on our return when we made some further travel arrangements through a local tourist agency.
For more photos of our visit to this part of Honduras, check out:
Week 1 Album
Week 2 Album
Although the town has it spread out parts & suburbs, the center of town was quite convenient for our purposes. With the hotel right on the plaza, we found ATMs, Internet cafes, coffee shops, restaurants & all types of stores & markets within an easy walk. Within a block of the plaza is a quiet and pleasant park with beautiful tropical plants and artifacts from the old railroad that serviced this town & its industry in past years.
- Pros:"Nice" & Convenient as a civilized base camp
- Cons:Beachfront near downtown disappointing
- In a nutshell:Interesting, but not the greatest - not too much there, there.
Not one for heavy night life any more, this little bar/restaurant was my favorite place for a fine Honduran beer in a... more travel advice
Slooper's Related Pages
La Ceiba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A few days in La Ceiba, Honduras"
- "Small Paradise Found"
- "Transit through La Ceiba"
- "The ferry journey from La Ceiba to Roatán Island"
- "La Ceba - Honduras"
- "La Ceiba on the Honduras coast"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in La Ceiba
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to La Ceiba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Ceiba
Photos in La CeibaSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tela Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- La Ceiba Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Cayos Cochinos Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Dinsmore Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- George Town Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Riyadh Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Singapore Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Beirut Intro, 3 photos
- Namur Intro, 3 photos
- Eureka Intro, 3 photos