"Our Favorite Honduras Coastal Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Tela by Slooper
Tela Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 160 photos
3 days & 2 nights in December was not enough to know this town and area in any depth - but what we saw, we liked very much. We stayed at the big Hotel Villas Telamar west of town and enjoyed walking to town along the beach. We were reassured that beach safety has improved during this past year with the addition of new "tourist police," but one still should not be too careless in any setting.
For more photos of our Tela visit, check out this WheelerFolk.org travel album:
Week 2, Part B
... but Tela is a pleasant compact small town that seems to have everything one needs - at least this was the case for us. Its size lent itself well to walking. Folks in shops, cafes and banks were very helpful and friendly.
... is this attractive beach. Unlike La Ceiba, the beach here is clean and attractive. There is a pleasant park-like walkway along the beach with nice cafes and a couple of hotels. This is a great place to have a late lunch or a few drinks after a day in town.
- Pros:Small friendly town in a beautiful setting
- Cons:Some claim walking the beaches are not safe after dark
- In a nutshell:We want to return to get to know Tela better
Slooper's Related Pages
Tela Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tela, Punta Izopo, and Triunfo de la Cruz"
- "Beautifully HOT"
- "TELA - HONDURAS"
- "Our Favorite Honduras Coastal Town"
- "Last trip to Tela"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tela
- Hotels in Tela
- Transportation in Tela
- Nightlife in Tela
- Restaurants in Tela
- Shopping in Tela
- Warnings and Dangers in Tela
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tela
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Tela?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tela
Photos in TelaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tela Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- La Ceiba Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Cayos Cochinos Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Dinsmore Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- George Town Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Riyadh Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Singapore Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Beirut Intro, 3 photos
- Namur Intro, 3 photos
- Eureka Intro, 3 photos