"Panang - Came for a couple days - stayed for 5" George Town by Slooper
George Town Travel Guide: 179 reviews and 533 photos
We enjoyed this lovely town immensely! We found that we needed more time and space to do justice describing our stay here and adding recommendations. We built a special web album on our family's WheelerFolk.org site to show and describe some of our experiences here. See: "5 Days in George Town & Penang"
Comfortable and convenient accommodations, along with a most helpful and friendly staff, made our 5 days here productive, healing and enjoyable. We will make a separate VT recommendation for this hotel, but we also were so appreciative that we constructed a special web album just for the hotel. For our views and experiences here, see:
Hotel Mingood on WheelerFolk.org
Many great meals and interesting sites were within walking distance, or no more than a fun "trishaw" (bicycle rickshaw) ride away.
With the limited time we had available, we felt somewhat immersed in the diverse cultures of this Malaysian island with a mix of Muslim, Hindu & Chinese religions. Old colonial buildings were mixed with the modern high-rises. Outside of the city the plush coastal resorts and spas gave way to lush jungles, small villages and active agriculture. A vibrant mix of cultures.
- Pros:Friendly helpful folks, great food, interesting history
- Cons:Warmer than we expected - not enough time to see all we wanted to see.
- In a nutshell:A place to recommend - A place to which one should return.
Slooper's Related Pages
George Town Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Georgetown / Penang"
- "Georgetown - Penang"
- "New UNESCO WHS : George Town (Tanjung)"
- "My little home in Malaysia."
- "George Town, Penang"
- "Home Sweet Home - George Town, Penang"
- "The World Heritage Penang capital, Georgetown."
- See All...
- Things to Do in George Town
- Hotels in George Town
- Transportation in George Town
- Nightlife in George Town
- Restaurants in George Town
- Shopping in George Town
- Warnings and Dangers in George Town
- See All...
Badges & Stats in George Town
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to George Town?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in George Town
Photos in George TownSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tela Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- La Ceiba Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Cayos Cochinos Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Dinsmore Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- George Town Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Riyadh Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Singapore Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Beirut Intro, 3 photos
- Namur Intro, 3 photos
- Eureka Intro, 3 photos