Shannon Packing List Tips by elmendorfs Top 5 Page for this destination
Shannon What to Pack: 2 reviews and 3 photos
Miscellaneous: The duty free 'shopping area' in the Shannon Airport has a nice variety of good quality products at reasonable prices, including wool sweaters, shawls, throws, etc, and fine crystal. Save the energy of carying your gifts all over Ireland. Do your gift shopping while you wait for your plane home!
Other Contact: http://www.gettingtoireland.com/
Phone: International + 353 61 475047
Cliffs of Moher, June 2007 (rain)
Luggage and bags: When traveling within Europe, extra charges generally apply to anything more than a 20lb (9kg) carry on bag. Check with your airline! Baggage prepurchased online may be much cheaper than at the time of check-in.
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: There's no secret to why Ireland is the "Emerald Isle". The DRIEST year on record, 1887, received 14inches (356.6mm) of rain, which is about average for the western half of the United States. The WETTEST year, 1960, received over 13feet (3964.9mm)! With mean daily temperatures between 37F (2.7c) in January, and 67F (19.4c) in July, and less than 5 hours of sunshine per day (summer mean), the odds are you're gong to be cool and damp. MUST: waterproof outerwear, layers, and waterproof or water tolerant footwear.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Common OTC (over the counter) medicines such as expectorants and antiflatulants available in the US seem to be non-existent. You may want to take some with you, but be sure they are in their original package and clearly labeled!
Photo Equipment: Your most stunnng photo opps are probably in the most remote areas, bring LOTS of batteries, media cards, and/or film. Common supplies are available in most towns, but you're likely to spend a lot of your time OUT OF TOWN!
Phone: Tel: +353-1-8064200
More Reviews (17)
- See All Great Food!
- Be Prepared to Stop!
- Shannon Airport, the BEST Choice
- Treacherous Beauty
- See All First stop from Shannon Airport
elmendorfs' Related Pages
Shannon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shannon and West Clare"
- "RitchiS1's new Shannon Page"
- "Shannon / Limerick"
- "Shannon--County Clare"
- "Gateway to the west of Ireland"
- "International and National Airport"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shannon
- Hotels in Shannon
- Transportation in Shannon
- Nightlife in Shannon
- Restaurants in Shannon
- Shopping in Shannon
- Warnings and Dangers in Shannon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shannon
- 19 Reviews
- 58 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Shannon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shannon
Photos in ShannonSee All Photos (58)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shannon Intro, 19 reviews, 58 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 7 reviews, 30 photos
- White Rock Intro, 2 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cashiers Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Silver City Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Nanaimo Intro, 1 review, 9 photos
- Vancouver Island Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Chattanooga Intro, 6 reviews, 1 photo
- Denver 1 review, 2 photos
- Taiwan Intro, 2 photos