"Southeast USA" elmendorfs's Profile

Winter

The Apalachian Mountains in the eastern part of the US offer many wonderful sights and opportunities for hiking, camping, fishing, and other outdoor activiies. No serious snow skiing, and no 20,000 ft peaks. But lots of opportunity to enjoy nature in a relatively mild climate with four distinct seasons.

Spring

There are clear, cold, streams in nearly every fold of these North American "rain forrest" mountains. This creek is near Roaring Fork Rd. on the Motor Nature Trail just south of TN Hwy 73. (Gatlinburg, TN)

Spring Flowers

April is a beautiful month in the mountains near Gatlinburg, Tennessee. This spring house is on the Walker Sister's homestead near Greenbrier School in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

This collage is made up of pictures taken along the trail to the Walker Sister's homestead and near the Motor Nature Trail.

• Intro Updated Nov 12, 2005

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Happy Birthday - 3 years since youve logged in! thank goodness for Facebook!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2010 at 3:58 AM

hi dear Fred!! my last entry here on yr pg was for yr birthday last yr!how time goes but lots of blessings eh!....have a fantastic day and enjoy so much with your lovely family and friends! xx

• Basaic's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Happy birthday, may you have a long life full of great travels. I've been through Chattanooga lots of times.

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2008 at 2:52 PM

Happy Birthday from Wakefield

• Mar 13, 2008 at 10:23 AM

I finally got around to joining! I love your photos. We have a wisteria too that I am waiting on to bloom! Now that I got Vegas out of my system, I can start on Tennessee! Talk Soon!

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2008 at 3:17 PM

Thanks Fred. Ihad a really nice day :))

• BMer's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2007 at 6:23 PM

Thanks. It's been almost 2 years, maybe it's time to visit again. Chattanooga, eh? Nice! I think I've passed through there about 15 years ago, on my trip from Winnipeg to Tampa. Take care, bud!

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2007 at 2:21 AM

♫•:*¨`*:•Happy birthday to you♫♫Happy b-day to you♫HAPPY BIRTHDAY to FRED ♫♫Happy b-day to yoou•:*¨`*:•♫ I wish you not only a happy year, but also happier maany returns (~_~)

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2007 at 9:32 PM

Great sunset photo. Happy Birthday to you & enjoy your weekend.:-)

• rw-bigfoot's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2005 at 4:52 PM

Welcome to VT Keep the pictures coming!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
elmendorfs's Profile Photo

elmendorfs

“What's over the next hill?...”

Real Name