"Teaching in Changsha" Top 5 Page for this destination Changsha by apuleuis
Changsha Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 298 photos
I lived in Changsha from September of 2008 to June 2010. I was there as an English teacher at an elementary school. It was a great experience and I recommend anyone that is thinking about something like this to do it.
Changsha is the capital of the Hunan province and has a population of about 6,000,000 people. The food here is known for being very spicy. Chairman Mao was born in the Hunan province and went to college in Changsha.
I have also been told that Changsha has the country's best nightlife, although I suspect that is not entirely true. There is a bar street downtown, so it is a good night scene at least.
The CRH railway just opened between Guangzhou and Wuhan, and Changsha is one of its stops. It goes up to 350 hm/h and... more travel advice
A subway line is currently being built in Changsha. It is expected to open in 2015. A long way off but a much needed... more travel advice
apuleuis' Related Pages
Changsha Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Teaching in Changsha"
- "A Foreign Teacher in Changsha"
- "2 weeks in Changsha"
- "Changsha - Capital of Hunan Province"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Changsha
- Hotels in Changsha
- Transportation in Changsha
- Nightlife in Changsha
- Restaurants in Changsha
- Shopping in Changsha
- Warnings and Dangers in Changsha
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Changsha
- 16 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Changsha?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Changsha
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 9 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sheboygan Intro, 6 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Changsha Intro, 16 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Green Bay Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- New Delhi Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Atlanta Intro, 1 review, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Fenghuangcun Intro, 24 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 2 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 21 photos, 4 travelogues
- Haiti Intro, 17 photos, 2 travelogues