"Sheboygan" Top 5 Page for this destination Sheboygan by apuleuis

Sheboygan Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 110 photos

Born and raised in Sheboygan. I think you are required to dislike the place you grow up. But now that I don't live there I realize how much the city had to offer. The lakefront is gorgeous. The art scene is not bad either for a city that size.

GLENSWORLD did a pretty good job of covering everything I'd like to cover. My personal favorites are John Michael Kohler Arts Center (free), trails at Terre Andre State Park (expecially the boardwalk through the dunes), walking out to the lighthouse, the riverfront. Also head out to Kohler and visit the Kohler Design Center (free). If you have the money, stay at the American Club. If you don't have the money (like me) have some three cheese soup at the Horse & Plow or ice cream at The Greenhouse and eat it in the beautiful courtyard. Both of these are in the American Club. If you are looking for theater, the Sheboygan Theater Company is an excellent community theater.

• Intro Updated Sep 25, 2006

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2014 at 6:28 PM

I visited Sheboygan a couple of months ago, nice place. Interesting name, I find it fun to say :-)

• apuleuis's Profile Photo
      Jan 11, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Other people have been surprised that's my city. They'd heard the name as a swear word :)

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I used to work in Sheboygan, it really is a cute town.

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2009 at 10:00 AM

nice photos from your old hometown :O)

apuleuis Lives Here!

apuleuis

“There's more fun in doing than in having.”

Badges & Stats in Sheboygan

Have you been to Sheboygan?

Latest Activity in Sheboygan