"Welcome to the land of beer, cheese and football" Top 5 Page for this destination Green Bay by apuleuis

Green Bay Travel Guide: 111 reviews and 185 photos

Well, I used to live here. I did from 2000 to 2008, I moved here to go to college. Its a nice place. Fairly small so I have always felt very comfortable, but big enough that there is diversity and some things to do. I do get a bit sick of green and gold everything, but such is life. I have a few pictures up, I just took them to finish up a roll. My favorite pictures were before my digital camera, so I will get them up as soon as I scan them in. I finally did it after 6 years of living here, I went to a Packer game, I have a travelogue for that.

My favorite places to go. . .

On a summer weekend: wildlife sanctuary, Baird's creek to play disc golf, farmers market, garage sales.

On a winter weekend: wildlife sanctuary, Festival of Lights at the botanical garden (wow, do I really do so little in winter?)

On a weekday: The Attic for coffee, used books and conversation with poets, philosophers and artists. Walk along the riverfront.

On a weekday night: The Bar sportsbar

On a weekend night: Anywhere on Washington street, Blackstone Inn restaurant 24hours (love their BLT's)

Shopping: Gnome Games (well, if I'm buying games), Fox River mall in Appleton (hey, it's better)

On a date: Pasquale's restaurant, Cafe Expresso, evening walk along the riverfront.

• Pros:beer and cheese, what else do you need?
  • Cons:very industrial, lovely papermill smell
  • Last visit to Green Bay: Sep 2008
  • Intro Updated Oct 2, 2008

apuleuis Used To Live Here!

apuleuis

“There's more fun in doing than in having.”

Badges & Stats in Green Bay

Have you been to Green Bay?

Latest Activity in Green Bay