"Lisa's Page" apuleuis's Profile

A Bit About Me

Where to start. . . I grew up in Sheboygan, WI then went to Green Bay, WI for college. I love traveling (which is why I'm here). I would write a list of the places I'd like to go, but I wouldn't even know where to start. I spent 2 years living in Changsha, China as an English teacher. I finally fulfilled a dream I had of living in another country. Now I came full circle and am again living in the Sheboygan area.

I tend to travel as cheaply as possible. I either camp or stay in the cheapest hotel possible. I stay in hostels when I can. I use public transportation whenever I can also. Part of it is because I travel so much, I can't afford any other way. But you see a lot more about the city and the people when you do these things. You also are more likely to meet interesting fellow travelers. I also like free attractions, so a lot of my reviews will point out that fact. But it does also make traveling more difficult which is where VT has come in handy many times.

I try to be a tourist wherever I live. Every city has something to offer. And sometimes I think locals take these things for granted. Being a tourist and a traveler is a mindset, it doesn't always require a lot of time and money.

• Intro Updated Sep 1, 2012

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
apuleuis's Profile Photo

apuleuis

“There's more fun in doing than in having.”

Real Name