"Lisa's Page" apuleuis's Profile

A Bit About Me

Where to start. . . I grew up in Sheboygan, WI then went to Green Bay, WI for college. I love traveling (which is why I'm here). I would write a list of the places I'd like to go, but I wouldn't even know where to start. I spent 2 years living in Changsha, China as an English teacher. I finally fulfilled a dream I had of living in another country. Now I came full circle and am again living in the Sheboygan area.

I tend to travel as cheaply as possible. I either camp or stay in the cheapest hotel possible. I stay in hostels when I can. I use public transportation whenever I can also. Part of it is because I travel so much, I can't afford any other way. But you see a lot more about the city and the people when you do these things. You also are more likely to meet interesting fellow travelers. I also like free attractions, so a lot of my reviews will point out that fact. But it does also make traveling more difficult which is where VT has come in handy many times.

I try to be a tourist wherever I live. Every city has something to offer. And sometimes I think locals take these things for granted. Being a tourist and a traveler is a mindset, it doesn't always require a lot of time and money.

• Intro Updated Sep 1, 2012

• klassj's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2014 at 9:55 AM

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2014 at 4:20 PM

I visited Sheboygan just a few months ago, the name alone captivates me. I'm a new fan of the place :-)

• apuleuis's Profile Photo
      Feb 23, 2014 at 5:56 PM

I've heard people use it as a swear word, they're surprised its really a city :)

Jan 27, 2014 at 1:45 AM

thanks for accepting my friend request! and i totally wish more people would realise that travelling doesnt have to cost a lot of money and not hold back because they think it must do!

Jan 26, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Hi Lisa, interesting to see that you had a stint in Changsha! I had only 2 weeks in Changsha in an orphanage way back in 1997 but im back in China for a year to be a student in Hanyu again....wonderful to be here again! hope you have another good year of travels!

• apuleuis's Profile Photo
      Jan 26, 2014 at 7:18 PM

Thanks for looking at my pages! I'm hoping for travels, I think they will have to be only within the USA for a while, but there is a lot for me to explore close to home still.

Jan 26, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Ive not been to Wisconsin but I imagine its a very pretty state! but for sure there is so much to see in the USA and many beautiful places there!

• jabdulrasool's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Happy Birthday.

• Jul 24, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Birthday Wishes ...... enjoy ....

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• y2ketan2007's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Hi,welcome to my wonderful circle of friends here on VT.And wishing you a great 2013 !

• kasemthailand's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Thanks for your information of Xishuangbanna. I will go there next year.

• jekins's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Hi Lisa,nice to meet you here at vt,greeting from cameroon

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
apuleuis's Profile Photo

apuleuis

“There's more fun in doing than in having.”

Real Name