Dubai Things to Do Tips by Heavens-Mirror
Dubai Things to Do: 303 reviews and 627 photos
~ Me and Gaz in the Desert ~
This is an excursion not to be missed. Gaz and i enjoyed it very much. We got picked up from the hotel at around 4pm and taken into the Nizwa region of the desert. it is over an hours drive away but was well worth it. Once we got to the desert we did some dune bashing in the 4x4 trucks, it really is a mind blowing experience, we drove through some of the highest sand dunes in the UAE and also visiting the Devils rock which looks like a camel lying down.
After the dune bashing we then went to see the Camels and took a camel ride through the desert along with some excellent photo opportunities. We then watched the sunset over the dunes and headed to the camp site in the middle of the desert. It was beautiful with lanterns all around it, carpet and little tables for us to sit at. We enjoyed lots of beverages including water, pepsi, sprite and fanta (all included in the price) and there is also a bar if you wish to purchase alcohol.
We enjoyed a Bedouin dinner, lots of fresh cooked meat to choose from, rice and vegetables and salad. Then fresh fruits for dessert.
We looked around the campsite where you can look at the sovernir store or have free henna tattoos, try on a traditional Arabic costume for men and women and also try a go at some Shisha.
Then we watched the belly dancer, she was fantastic, she got people up from the crowd and got them all dancing with her. She took a liking to Gaz and got him up first which was funny. We both enjoyed the Sunset Safari very much and i highly recommend this if you visit Dubai.
Please note, it is a minimum of two people to book. We paid £35 per person which included hotel pick up and drop off.
Address: Nizwa Desert, Dubai
~ Me on the Dhow Cruise ~
We enjoyed a Dhow Dinner Cruise during our stay in Dubai, we got picked up at 6pm and taking to Dubai Creek, a great way to see the City's sky scrapers and see the heart of the city. It only took around 20 minutes to get to Dubai Creek then we got on aboard a cruise and enjoyed a two hour long sail down the creek.
You got to see the hustle and bustle of the locals and you get to see the water taxi's which go sailing past you. Also you get some excellent photo opportunities and see all the sky scrapers lit up at night. On board they also had a magician, normally i dont like these but he was pretty good and did some clever tricks.
We then enjoyed a buffet dinner, there was soup and bread for starters, curry and rice, lots of meat dishes and vegetables, salad and pitta bread and pasta and sauce to choose from. They also had cakes, sweets and fresh fruits for dessert. Everything is included apart from drinks, they have a bar where you can order beers or wines and soft drinks but they do give you a glass of mineral water free when you first arrive.
Also a man comes round and takes photos of you each costing 35 Dirhams per photo. We got a couple as sovernirs but i dont think there worth the money.
The Dhow Dinner cruise cost us £30 per person and included hotel pick up and drop up.
Address: Dubai Creek, Dubai
More Reviews (5)
Heavens-Mirror's Related Pages
Dubai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "DUBAI - A HOTCHPOTCH OF CULTURES"
- "Dynamic, ever-changing, friendly, exciting..."
- "Dubai...In A Fast Moving Phase"
- "Dubai Jewel of the Gulf"
- "Dubai is ......Dubai!"
- "A hot time in Dubai town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dubai
- Hotels in Dubai
- Transportation in Dubai
- Nightlife in Dubai
- Restaurants in Dubai
- Shopping in Dubai
- Warnings and Dangers in Dubai
- See All...
Explore the World
- Independant State of Samoa
- Burkina Faso Hotels
- Boyds Creek Hotels
- Mid Glamorgan Hotels
- San José
- British Virgin Islands
- Gilgit Hotels
Badges & Stats in Dubai
- 7 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 52 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Dubai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dubai
- Posted in Travel Ras Al Khaimah Forum "Re: Al Hamra Fort.....Is it good?"
- Wrote a Review ~ The Holy Month of Ramadan ~ in Dubai Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "~ The Holy Month of Ramadan ~"
- updated a Dubai Travel Page "~ My Favourite Holiday Of All Time. I Love Dubai ~"
- Commented on one of Escadora7's Dubai travel pages
Photos in DubaiSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 35 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos
- Prague Intro, 22 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sosúa Intro, 13 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jamaica Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos
- Birmingham Intro, 12 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos
- Dubai Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos
- Majorca Island Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derby Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos