Birmingham Hotel Tips by Heavens-Mirror
Birmingham Hotels: 27,479 reviews and 70 photos
~ Gaz in our room ~
My Fiance & i stayed for 1 saturday night & it was brilliant. We could'nt of asked for a better location in the heart of everything. It is close to all the major shopping centres i.e Bullring, jewellery quarter, the National Exhibition Centre, Cadbury's World, Drayton Manor Park & Broad Street with all its famous Balti restaurants and bars plus much more. Check in was really quick & the staff were friendly.
We never bought any extras at the hotel as it was quite expensive. A bottle of Evian mineral water was £3.00. However there is a Sainsbury's supermarket right next door so we bought a few drinks and snacks to have in our room.
If you want to go out for a meal or a few drinks there is plenty of bars and restaurants in the area. We ate at the Bar Jee Indian restaurant across the road from the hotel, it was satisfactory but not the best with had. It was £25 for a meal for two and two beers.
Then we went for a few drinks on Broad Street, very cheap at Wetherspoon's but we also went to Pitcher & Piano & Walkabout. There are lots to choose from but there were queues everywhere on this busy Saturday night.
On the Sunday we went to Cadbury's World, a great day out for all the family plus lots of free chocolate. This is only 3 miles away from the hotel so ideal if you fancy going for the day. Tickets are £13 per adult & £9.95 per child. I would not hesitate in recommending the Novotel to any of my customers as i really enjoyed my stay and feel it was good value for money. I would definetly stay here again in the near future.
Unique Qualities: The reception area is very modern and inviting. The room was very fresh looking with neutral colours and with flat screen tv, an adapter to plug in your I.Pod/Mp3 player to the tv and also wireless internet. The room was spacious and there was plenty of room to store your clothes and other personal items, it came with tea & coffee making facilities, iron and ironing board, hair dryer plus all your usual toiletries. The bed was very comfortable and we throughly enjoyed our stay. Although we were staying in the city centre the noise from the bars/clubs did not affect our sleep which we were concerned about. Don't let this put you off as we had a lovely sleep and was not woke up by noise from the bars and clubs outside.
We stayed on bed & breakfast basis and it is served until midday at the weekends which was a bonus. They had everything from cereals, fruit, fresh juices, yogurt to a full English breakfast which is all self service buffet. You can also have breakfast in the room at an additional cost of £3.00 if you have paid b&b or if it is room only continental breakfast is £12 or £15 for a full English. You can also use the fitness centre & spa at the hotel but we never did as we only stayed for 1 night. Parking at the hotel is £13 for 24 hours and an additional £4.50 for 0-3 hours extra. It is a secure underground carpark but there are not many spaces so try to check in early to get a space.
Address: 70 Broad Street, Birmingham, Warwickshire B1
Comparison: least expensive
~ The Norfolk Hotel ~
We had a large double room on the ground floor, the lady at reception upgraded us to the premier suite due to the hotel being quite empty which was a nice thing to do for us.
The room had an en suite bathroom and was nice and spacious with plenty of room for our clothes and other things.
There was tea and coffee facilities in the room, sky television, trouser press, hairdryer and internet access in the room.
There was a pub in the hotel that served alcohol quite late at night and also had a huge flatscreen so you can watch films, sky sports or the news etc. The breakfast was fantastic too, a excellent choice of cereals, tea and coffee, fruits, muffins, juices, toast and jam and a full English breakfast. It was delicious and was all self service so you could have as little or as much as you liked.
Unique Qualities: The staff were extremely helpful in everyway and the hotel was in an excellent location, close to all the major attractions, the large shopping complex in Birmingham and a wide choice of restaurants, bars and nightclubs down the road including TGI Fridays and Liberty's Nightclub and bar.
Outside the hotel was also a bus stop which had regular buses into the main city of Birmingham every 10 minutes, the cost was £1.20 for a single journey which was good value.
The room was very clean and spacious for us both and the bed was comfortable which is a must :)
Address: 267 Hagley Road, Birmingham, B16 9NA
Comparison: least expensive
Directions: From the M6: Take the a38m into Birmingham city centre, stay on a38 and take exit on left to a456 after passing the international conference centre, go under 5 ways junction and the hotel is situated 1 mile on the right hand side.
Other Contact: www.norfolkinn.co.uk
Phone: 0121 4548071
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
More Reviews (10)
- See All ~ Cheapest Way of Transport ~
- ~ Delcious Balti Curries ~
- See All ~ A Great Dayout For Chocolate Lovers ~
- ~ Everything you need under one roof ~
Heavens-Mirror's Related Pages
Birmingham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Birmingham, England ~~~~ original brum!"
- "Big Bad Brum, now Big Bling Brum"
- "Birmingham: My Home!"
- "~ A Weekend In Birmingham ~"
- "J_P_B's Birmingham Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Birmingham
- Hotels in Birmingham
- Transportation in Birmingham
- Nightlife in Birmingham
- Restaurants in Birmingham
- Shopping in Birmingham
- Warnings and Dangers in Birmingham
- See All...
Explore the World
- RTDC Hotel Swagatam
- The Abbey
- Grand Palms
- Hampshire Inn - City Terneuzen
- Lowndes Grove Plantation Bed and Breakfast Inn
- Hostel El Palomar
- Grand Palace Hotels
- Familienhotel Edelweiss
- Hotel Lido
- Esperanza Inn
- Litera Relax Marmaris Hotel
- Hm Gran Fiesta
- Clemenceau Hotel
- The Columns
Badges & Stats in Birmingham
- 12 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Birmingham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Birmingham
- Posted in Travel Ras Al Khaimah Forum "Re: Al Hamra Fort.....Is it good?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "~ A Great Dayout For Chocolate Lovers ~"
- Wrote a Review ~ Excellent location & good value ~ in Birmingham Hotels
- Commented on one of kayleigh06's Birmingham travel pages
- created a Birmingham Travel Page "~ A Weekend In Birmingham ~"
Read real reviews about Birmingham Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 35 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos
- Prague Intro, 22 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sosúa Intro, 13 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jamaica Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos
- Birmingham Intro, 12 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos
- Dubai Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos
- Majorca Island Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derby Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos
Latest Birmingham hotel reviews
- Novotel Birmingham Centre
- 359 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Novotel Birmingham Airport
- 555 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel and Country Club
- 354 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Travelodge Birmingham Fort Dunlop
- 141 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Comfort Zone Parkside Behind Mailbox
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Woodlands Hotel
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 9, 2013
- Days Inn Birmingham East
- 76 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Travel Inn - City Centre
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Holiday Inn
- 230 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Holiday Inn Express - Castle Bromwich
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Copthorne Hotel Birmingham
- 557 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- 283 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Travelodge Birmingham Walsall
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- Elston Guest House
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 3, 2013
- Cadbury World- 12 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Canals- 12 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Bull Ring- 21 Reviews, 26 Photos
- Victoria Square- 20 Reviews, 35 Photos
- Museum & Art Gallery- 12 Reviews, 19 Photos
- West Midland Safari Park- 4 Reviews, 5 Photos
- National Sealife Centre- 7 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Chamberlain Square- 10 Reviews, 15 Photos
- National Exhibition Centre - NEC- 8 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Brindley Place- 6 Reviews, 6 Photos
See All Birmingham Things to Do