Blackpool Hotel Tips by Heavens-Mirror
Blackpool Hotels: 77,358 reviews and 90 photos
~ The entrance of Jollies Guest House ~
We stayed at Jollies for 2 nights and it was a bargain so we wasnt sure what to expect. On arrival we were greeted by a very friendly Scottish man called George. He was very nice and helpful, helping us with our bags out of the taxi.
We had an en-suite double room and George led the way up to our room. It was a very cosy feeling, almost as if we were staying with a friend. There are only around 4 to 6 rooms in the whole guesthouse. They do have family rooms which can sleep up to six people, double rooms with en-suite and standard rooms all with tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms. The rooms were very clean and spacious and the shower was very good, abit small but was fine just for the 2 nights. It was nice if we went out in the evenings too as George gave us a key to get in the front door so that we could let ourselves in if we came back late. That way it was safe for everyone staying at Jollies so you know no strangers can walk in from off the street.
It is ideal for those who want to be in the heart of Blackpool as it is close to all the major attractions such as Blackpool Opera House, Pleasure Beach, Maddame Tussaud's and the fantastic nightlife and more.
Unique Qualities: The best thing about Jollies was the lovely welcome we received from George and his family and also the breakfast was amazing. The best Full English/Scottish breakfast ever!
Also the cleanliness and comfortable room we stayed in, it was excellent value for money and i will definetly be returning to Jollies Guesthouse in the future.
We only paid £18 per person per night which i thought was a bargain.
Address: 9 Rawcliffe Street, South Shore, Blackpool, FY4 1BX
Comparison: least expensive
Phone: 01253 348774
~ The Derby Hotel ~
We stayed here with some friends for one night during the weekend. The hotel was very small but it was nice and welcomming and the staff were lovely. There was a small bar in the what looked like a cellar room, we had lots of beers and spirits and it was pretty cheap too.
In the morning we had a fabulous full english breakfast with all the toppings, eg toast, fried bread, tea and coffee.
It was a very basic hotel, the rooms were quite small and the walls were like cardboard, lets just say i heard a couple next door entertaining themselves for most of the night. Hehe!
Unique Qualities: The best quality of the hotel were the staff, they were very welcomming and the lady at the bar was fantastic, really chatty and we felt like we were staying with a friend.
Also the breakfast was great, she made sure we were all well fed, she kept coming around the tables and topping up our bacon, eggs and sausage.... the lads loved it. Also the hotel is pretty close to everything you need. Although we didnt go out as in the evenings it was Winter and absolutely freezing.
Also it was very cheap to stay here, only £15 per person for a double room. Although i dont think i would stay here again. You can get other hotels just as cheap but slightly nicer too.
Address: 2 Derby Rd, Blackpool, North Promenade, FY1 2JF
Comparison: least expensive
Phone: 01253 623708
More Reviews (2)
Heavens-Mirror's Related Pages
Blackpool Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Reinventing itself again"
- "Blackpool ( Kiss me quick hats )"
- "Brilliant Blackpool"
- "Candy Floss in Winter"
- "Golden Mile"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Blackpool
- Hotels in Blackpool
- Transportation in Blackpool
- Nightlife in Blackpool
- Restaurants in Blackpool
- Shopping in Blackpool
- Warnings and Dangers in Blackpool
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Blackpool
- 4 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Blackpool?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blackpool
Photos in BlackpoolSee All Photos (11)
Read real reviews about Blackpool Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 35 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos
- Prague Intro, 22 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sosúa Intro, 13 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jamaica Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos
- Birmingham Intro, 12 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos
- Dubai Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos
- Majorca Island Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derby Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos
- Tower- 24 Reviews, 45 Photos
- Pleasure Beach- 16 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Louis Tussauds Wax Works Museum- 5 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Illuminations- 7 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Zoo- 6 Reviews, 13 Photos
- North Pier- 3 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Sea Life Centre- 4 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Piers- 5 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Stanley Park- 4 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Promenade- 3 Reviews, 10 Photos
See All Blackpool Things to Do