Nottingham Things to Do Tips by Heavens-Mirror Top 5 Page for this destination
Nottingham Things to Do: 109 reviews and 201 photos
~ Justin Live ~
The Ice Arena is fantastic, we went here to see Justin Timberlake on 19th May 2007. It was the most amazing show i have ever been to. He was fantastic live and was one of the most sold out tours of the UK.
Justin performed in the middle of the arena, which meant the stage was right in the centre of the floor. This was the first time this set up has been used at the arena creating the ultimate 360 degree viewing experience. Every seat in the house was a great seat giving everyone a fantastic up close and personal view of the man himself.
So if your ever in Nottingham and fancy seeing a live show why not give it a visit. Check out the website for the latest tours including Beyonce, Girls Aloud, Diana Ross, CBeebies, Bratz and Dancing on Ice.... there is something suitable for everyone and all ages.
Best time to visit is at night
Nottingham Goose Fair: one of Europe's largest travelling fairs, with more than 150 rides and 450 games and exhibitions to thrill and amuse you.
Join half a million others at Nottingham's world famous fun fair now in its 711th year! The atmosphere is fantastic! with over 450 attractions including white knuckle rides, family rides children's rides, games stalls, sideshows, a crafts marque, market stalls, and food stands selling everything from traditional mushy peas to vegetarian and ethnic food.
I really love going to Goose Fair every year, its kind of like a local thing that we all do who live in Nottingham and mushy peas is a must after a cold night on the fair. Anyone visiting Nottingham during Goose Fair must try it out... as its fabulous and well worth the visit.
It is on from 5th October to 8th October every year.
Address: Forest Recreation Ground in Nottingham
Directions: Just 11 miles from Junction 24, 9 miles from Junction 25 and 5 miles from Junction 26 of M1. The Nottingham Goose Fair site is held on the Forest Recreation Ground just off Mansfield Road, 2 miles north of Nottingham City Centre.
Salutation Inn...Well worth a visit
This is an attractive old pub which dates back to 1240. The caves inside were once used as servant quarters. The pub has some fabulous food & cheap ales starting at £1.40.
The pub is the start of the Nottingham Ghost Walks held every Saturday at 7pm (except in December). They are about 1mile long and take 1¼hours and end in the haunted caves beneath the Inn. Cost £4 & £2 for children & are well worth the money. I went here 2 yrs ago with some work friends & had a fantastic night.
The stories were great too & i can still remember some of the real spooky ones. They take you around all the well known places in Nottingham & tell you a spine chilling story about the different places.
The pub also does fantastic Sunday Roasts at a cost of £3.95.
Address: Hounds Gate, Maid Marian Way, Nottm, NG1 7AA
Directions: Next door to Chutney Indian Restaurant along Maid Marian Way.
Phone: 0115 958 9432
More Reviews (11)
- ~ Stunning Hotel In the heart of the...
- See All ~ Delicious Pizzas and steaks ~
- See All ~ One of my favourite Bars in Nottingham...
- ~ Men selling the Big Issue Magazine ~
Heavens-Mirror's Related Pages
Nottingham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "~ Nottingham ~"
- "CITY THAT NEVER STOPS !"
- "Introducing Nottingham!!! (Home)"
- "I'm getting more and more attached to this city"
- "A thriving University City"
- "The real Midlands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nottingham
- Hotels in Nottingham
- Transportation in Nottingham
- Nightlife in Nottingham
- Restaurants in Nottingham
- Shopping in Nottingham
- Warnings and Dangers in Nottingham
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nottingham
- 14 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Nottingham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nottingham
Photos in NottinghamSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Cairo Intro, 35 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos
- Prague Intro, 22 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sosúa Intro, 13 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jamaica Intro, 18 reviews, 24 photos
- Birmingham Intro, 12 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos
- Dubai Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos
- Majorca Island Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derby Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos