"Saranda" Top 5 Page for this destination Sarande by AlbaniaLover
Sarande Travel Guide: 133 reviews and 269 photos
I love Saranda and the area's around here. Whether you go for a day trip from Corfu(GR) or come here as a part of a trip in Albania you can have a great time.
Many Albanian's, including my husband(Albanian) and myself(not Albanian) come here in the summer and spend a week/or two/three or even a month as their summer holidays from another part of Albania. Many people get away from the heat of the capatial and rent a apartment or hotel rooms and enjoy the beach and activitys by day and by night enjoy the local restaurants and bars and a walk along the promenade will the younger generation enjoy the clubs.
In the evenings it is packed out and has a really great atmosphere, everyone dressed in their best clothes walking out with their family and friends.
This is one of the park's down near to the beach. Lovely and peaceful.
It is a very good base for exploring the local area with trips to the ruins in Butrint or the blue eye further inland.
It is also full of great beaches in this area, Saranda itself or places each way along the coast from Ksamil to Borsh in the other direction.
All you can take a day trip to Corfu from Saranda. I think the boat takes up to an hour as it is not very far away at all. You can enjoy a day in Corfu town and then return the same day to Saranda.
This is the sea at Saranda. Lots of people seem to dock their little boats in this section.
The evenings are packed with things to do from eating in a local restaurant to walking along the promenade and looking at the stalls set up selling different things. Also you can go to some of the clubs in Saranda or just along the coast by the water are many bars and clubs.
Lots and lots of building work going on in Saranda as you can see from the picture!
- Pros:Nice lively town for a holiday
- Cons:Too much building work going on
- In a nutshell:Lively!
Saranda is well known for Albanian couples to come here once married for there honeymoon as a great place to relax and... more travel advice
When in Saranda why not take a day trip to Corfu(GR). The boat is a very short trip taking less than an hour(so i am... more travel advice
AlbaniaLover's Related Pages
Sarande Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saranda and southern Albania, 1988 and now."
- "From Greece to Albania."
- "Sarande - entrance to southern Albania"
- "The south gate to Albania"
- "DUNK67's Sarande Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sarande
- Hotels in Sarande
- Transportation in Sarande
- Nightlife in Sarande
- Restaurants in Sarande
- Shopping in Sarande
- Warnings and Dangers in Sarande
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sarande
- 9 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Sarande?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sarande
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albania Intro, 64 reviews, 59 photos
- Nice Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Isla de Fuerteventura Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kefalos Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Suffolk Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarande Intro, 9 reviews, 3 photos
- Tirana Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Monte-Carlo Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tepelene Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue