"Hanioti, Halkidiki" Kassandra by AlbaniaLover
Kassandra Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 44 photos
This was a holiday with two of my girl friends from college. This was my first visit to Greece i was nicely surprised to see how beautiful it looked as i had never been interested in Greece but one of my friends picked it out and we went!
We stayed for a week at the Hotel Angelo, which was not a bad hotel basic but its only a base. It had a pool and the best gardens with sun loungers and swinging hammocks.
Only a few minutes walk down a little road to the beach, the best views of the sea and all the little boats bobbing up and down on the water. The streets were lined with pretty houses covered in lovely red flowers.
Mostly we sunbathed in the hotel gardens and the beach in the day, with a bit of shopping here and there.
Then at night we spent time eating at local restaurants and drinking in local bars and the beach bar. Also the hotel had some good nights with greek night and laddies night!
Was a lovely holiday and the landscape was amazing.
I would recommend this place to anyone, you can have a quiet and relaxing holiday on the beach or you can have a lively holiday going on boat trips and going out at night til the early morning. The beach in the evening saw the locals coming down and swimming or playing with there children or some old men were fishing. In the day time at the weekends this area is packed with not only tourists but mainly greeks from the cities coming for the weekend to their holiday homes so it is still quite traditional its nothing like some of the towns in the greek islands that you hear about being full of drunk brits!
I hope that everyone in the town and surrounding villages are ok after the awful fires in August 2006.
From the village you can take trips to the busy near by towns or quieter little villages with lovely beaches. You can also go on boat trips in the day or take a sunset cruise in the evening with your meal included.
We went to the greek night at our hotel (hotel Angelo). We had a great night you booked your tickets, about 5 euro's i... more travel advice
AlbaniaLover's Related Pages
Kassandra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hanioti, Halkidiki"
- "Kassandra,joy and fun until midnight"
- "The first peninsula of Chalkidiki"
- "Sani Beach Club"
- "Holyday in Greece - THE STRANGE FINN´S PASSION"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kassandra
- Hotels in Kassandra
- Transportation in Kassandra
- Restaurants in Kassandra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kassandra
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Kassandra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kassandra
Photos in KassandraSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albania Intro, 64 reviews, 59 photos
- Nice Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Isla de Fuerteventura Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kefalos Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Suffolk Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarande Intro, 9 reviews, 3 photos
- Monte-Carlo Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tirana Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tepelene Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue