"Kefalos, Kos" Top 5 Page for this destination Kefalos by AlbaniaLover
Kefalos Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 64 photos
This was the first Greek island that i had visited and want a quiet week away. The flight was about four/four and a half hours. Once we arrived we took a coach to the resort of Kefalos where we were staying.
Kefalos was a lovely little place, you walked everywhere and spent many hours down on the empty beach with some mad dogs for company. It was nice to be alone not in a huge tourist packed resort.
I would recommend Kefalos to anyone who wants to get away from it all and relax (although we went in May so if you go in July/August should think there will be a lot more people about). You can take boat trips to near by beaches round the cove or stay in Kefalos and enjoy the beach and village. There are plenty of restaurants to pick from and a few bars to keep you busy but it is not somewhere to go if all the want to do is go clubbing.
Remember the holiday is what you make it
I visited kos with one of my friends in may 2004. We stayed in the quiet little village of Kefalos up on the hillside looking down over the village and sea in the Stamatia apartments. It was the most quiet setting set next to the road. Our hotel didn't have a pool but there was one near by that did so as long as you bought a drink from there they were happy to let you use the pool and sunbeds.
It was a few minutes walk down to the shops, restaurants and the beach. The night times were low key but lovely sitting in a bar or restaurant next to the sea. Late at night sometimes as we were walking home the waves were so big they were coming up over the wall onto the road.
The beach was lovely and very quiet sometimes we were the only people on it! There was a place to go and do water sports. You can see a little island from the beach that had a tiny church on it which looked beautiful.
The one thing i would say is watch out for the HUGE wasps.
- Cons:Stone beach
- In a nutshell:A lovely quiet village.
Down on the beach there was a watersports centre thats called 'Baywatch' which was doing all kinds of watersports and... more travel advice
We stayed for a week in the Stamatia apartments on the hill side in Kefalos. The apartments were a good size but basic... more travel advice
AlbaniaLover's Related Pages
Kefalos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kefalos, the best resort on Kos?"
- "Kefalos, Kos"
- "Kefalos, a town on the Greek island of Kos"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kefalos
- Hotels in Kefalos
- Transportation in Kefalos
- Nightlife in Kefalos
- Restaurants in Kefalos
- Shopping in Kefalos
- Warnings and Dangers in Kefalos
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kefalos
- 6 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Kefalos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kefalos
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albania Intro, 64 reviews, 59 photos
- Nice Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Isla de Fuerteventura Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kefalos Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Suffolk Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarande Intro, 9 reviews, 3 photos
- Tirana Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Monte-Carlo Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tepelene Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue