"Bukur Albania!" Top 5 Page for this destination Albania by AlbaniaLover

Albania Travel Guide: 2,135 reviews and 5,746 photos

Wonders of Albania

UPDATE: Just returnerd in June from driving to Albania....will be updated when i have moved and have internet connection at home again

This was the third time i have visited Albania and it sure won't be the last. I first visited for a month in early 2004 then again for a month in the summer of 2004 then again for two and a half weeks in summer 2005.

When i first thought about going i guess i was a little apprehensive, not having been anywhere 'different' before i wondered what to expect.Now i have been there i can't imagine what i would have been worried about. It is now my second home and my family now want to go!

Anything that you want to know i will try and do my best to help you.

....

;m currently trying to learn the language!!! The people are the nicest i have ever met the food is some of the best i have ever had and the beaches are great.

The main aim of my page is to try and help put Albania on the map, like many people i know i am sure there are more out there that are to scared to go or haven't even heard of Albania! Everyone will be so welcome in Albania, you will be invited in to have a drink at people's house's in the smaller town or villages...you must drink it even if you don't want a drink or they will think you're rude!!! People will want to talk to you to find out why you're here, where you're from etc.... So go to Albania and enjoy the beauty of the people and the country.

Little Albania

Well Albania is a little country with a population of only just over 3.5 million and covers an area of about 29,000 sq km.

It is boardered by Greece, Macediona, Montenegro and Serbia (Kosovo).

The country is mainly mountainous.

Albania is known as Shqiperia in Albania and known to many as 'Land of the eagles'.

The capital of Albania is Tirana.

They have a national holiday for Independence Day on November 28th

Time zone: GMT +1

Airport: Rinas (Mother Teresa)

Currency: Lek (ALL) 135lek per 1euro (roughly)

Dialing code: ++355

Mirëseerdhët Welcome
Falemnderit Thank you
Ju lutem Please
Si jeni? How are you?
Ckemi? How are you doing? (more informal thing between friends)
Mirë Good
Shumë mirë Very good
Jo Keq Not bad
Si quheni? What is your name?
Quhem.... My name is.....
Nga jeni? Where are you from?
Unë jam nga Anglia I'm from England
Ku është banja? Where is the bathroom?
Flisni anglisht? Do you speak English?
Unë nuk flas shqip I don't speak Albanian
E enjte Thursday
E premte Friday
E shtunë Saturday
E diel Sunday

Hope you have enjoyed reading my tips and Albania page!

• Pros:The most friendly people in the world, best food ever, wonderful beaches.
  • Cons:roads :(
  • In a nutshell:PARADISE!
  • Last visit to Albania: May 2009
  • Intro Updated May 28, 2009

• illumina's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Nice page - I haven't been to Albania since 2002 and I'm longing to go back!

• PALLINA's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2008 at 2:15 AM

I've been many times in the restaurant Juvenilia in Tirana. Sorry but my experiences in Albania (10 times) was not as positive as yours!

• Dec 6, 2007 at 1:28 PM

I am albanian and a small tip for the people who want to go there, go during summer, cause you will have the best time ever and south albania is the best place to spend the vacations. Thanks again for making albania wellknown. Faleminderit :)

• leonik's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2007 at 5:15 PM

great tips!!! i'm definitely gonna find this useful! will check back tonight! leaving for albania in about a month and 2 days... i'm finally getting to albania!!!

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2007 at 5:19 AM

Hello :-) Nice and interesting page about Albania. Lots of good info that I have learnt here. My ratings are definitely with you. Greetings from Dubai / Jess

• Dec 23, 2006 at 3:26 AM

Your page has been very usefull thanks. I am will travel to Albania soon!! I love its unspoilt landscape!

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2006 at 12:06 PM

Albania sounds like a fascintaing place and I'm really hoping to visit soon. Your tips are very helpful.

• alza's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2006 at 10:30 AM

what a useful page! Been attracted to Albania but was hesitant. You made it very accessible. Wld love to know overall cost of living there. Some prices seem high-- but now I understand yr prices include drinks. Thanks so much for writing!

• grets's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2006 at 12:46 AM

Great page on this little known destination. I can see you clearly love Albania! :-)

• Sep 26, 2006 at 1:11 PM

Hello!....Thanks so much for taking the time to view my pages. I had a look at your pages too....:~)) The Butrint Ruins looks like a great place to visit. Thank you!

AlbaniaLover Visits Here Frequently!

AlbaniaLover

“He who hesitates regrets.....so go on and travel...!!!”

Badges & Stats in Albania

Have you been to Albania?

Latest Activity in Albania