"Bukur Albania!" Top 5 Page for this destination Albania by AlbaniaLover
Albania Travel Guide: 2,135 reviews and 5,746 photos
UPDATE: Just returnerd in June from driving to Albania....will be updated when i have moved and have internet connection at home again
This was the third time i have visited Albania and it sure won't be the last. I first visited for a month in early 2004 then again for a month in the summer of 2004 then again for two and a half weeks in summer 2005.
When i first thought about going i guess i was a little apprehensive, not having been anywhere 'different' before i wondered what to expect.Now i have been there i can't imagine what i would have been worried about. It is now my second home and my family now want to go!
Anything that you want to know i will try and do my best to help you.
;m currently trying to learn the language!!! The people are the nicest i have ever met the food is some of the best i have ever had and the beaches are great.
The main aim of my page is to try and help put Albania on the map, like many people i know i am sure there are more out there that are to scared to go or haven't even heard of Albania! Everyone will be so welcome in Albania, you will be invited in to have a drink at people's house's in the smaller town or villages...you must drink it even if you don't want a drink or they will think you're rude!!! People will want to talk to you to find out why you're here, where you're from etc.... So go to Albania and enjoy the beauty of the people and the country.
Well Albania is a little country with a population of only just over 3.5 million and covers an area of about 29,000 sq km.
It is boardered by Greece, Macediona, Montenegro and Serbia (Kosovo).
The country is mainly mountainous.
Albania is known as Shqiperia in Albania and known to many as 'Land of the eagles'.
The capital of Albania is Tirana.
They have a national holiday for Independence Day on November 28th
Time zone: GMT +1
Airport: Rinas (Mother Teresa)
Currency: Lek (ALL) 135lek per 1euro (roughly)
Dialing code: ++355
Useful words and sayings
Mirëmëngjes Good morning
Mirëdita Good afternoon
Mirëmbrëma Good evening
Falemnderit Thank you
Ju lutem Please
Si jeni? How are you?
Ckemi? How are you doing? (more informal thing between friends)
Shumë mirë Very good
Jo Keq Not bad
Si quheni? What is your name?
Quhem.... My name is.....
Nga jeni? Where are you from?
Unë jam nga Anglia I'm from England
Ku është banja? Where is the bathroom?
Flisni anglisht? Do you speak English?
Unë nuk flas shqip I don't speak Albanian
Largohu Go away
Sa? How much/many?
Më falni Excuse me/sorry
E hënë Monday
E martë Tuesday
E mërkurë Wednesday
E enjte Thursday
E premte Friday
E shtunë Saturday
E diel Sunday
Hope you have enjoyed reading my tips and Albania page!
- Pros:The most friendly people in the world, best food ever, wonderful beaches.
- Cons:roads :(
- In a nutshell:PARADISE!
Walk through the streets of Kruja where you can buy many gifts and traditional albanian items. Visit the castle and... more travel advice
Set in pine trees on the Adriatik sea this hotel was great. A lovely swimming pool and beach with sunbeds free for hotel... more travel advice
- See All Tirana's new airport
- See All Ice cream
- See All Not sure this is quite a local custom...
AlbaniaLover's Related Pages
Albania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The sleeping beauty is awake & has 7 leagues boots"
- "Bukur Albania!"
- "In The Land of the Eagles"
- "The most adventuros destination in Europe."
- "The lost country"
- "Europe's Last 'White Spot'"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Albania
- Hotels in Albania
- Transportation in Albania
- Nightlife in Albania
- Restaurants in Albania
- Shopping in Albania
- Warnings and Dangers in Albania
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Albania
- 76 Reviews
- 91 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Albania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Albania
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albania Intro, 64 reviews, 59 photos
- Nice Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Isla de Fuerteventura Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kefalos Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Suffolk Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sarande Intro, 9 reviews, 3 photos
- Tirana Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Monte-Carlo Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tepelene Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue