"Tamil Nadu:- temple & temple & temple & temple...." State of Tamil Nadu by FruitLover
State of Tamil Nadu Travel Guide: 1,449 reviews and 4,152 photos
From antiquity up till the present day Indian civilization and Hindu religion have been one and the same reality. Ways of living, beliefs and the practices connected with them form a tradition that still rules the daily life of most of the Tamils (Muslims and Christians are minorities here).
Temples are of major importance to most Hindus, for they are not only centers of religious activity, they also serve as the focus for the cultural and social activities of the towns which encompasses them and ther villages which surround them. The influence of certain big temples extends far beyond their own locality, making them exceptional centers of attraction.
The history, art, literature and language of the State of Tamil Nadu, are among the richest of all the regions of India. As it was very little affected by the Muslim rule, this southern extremity of the Indian peninsula gives a picture of the original Hindu tradition.
Check the following "things to do" tips and pictures.
'Bharata Natyam', sacred dance as a religious ceremony, is very much appreciated by the gods. Shiva, under the name of... more travel advice
The name Hogenakkal is derived from Kannada. It means smoky rocks. The gushing force of the water when it falls on the... more travel advice
FruitLover's Related Pages
State of Tamil Nadu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TAMIL NADU"
- "Tamil Nadu - The Land of Temples"
- "Temples and hill stations in Tamilnadu"
- "A drive thru Tamil Nadu to Bangalore"
- "Tamil Nadu"
- "people, kolams, flowers and temples"
- "Unique Tamilnadu"
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Tamil Nadu
- Hotels in State of Tamil Nadu
- Transportation in State of Tamil Nadu
- Nightlife in State of Tamil Nadu
- Restaurants in State of Tamil Nadu
- Shopping in State of Tamil Nadu
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Tamil Nadu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in State of Tamil Nadu
- 68 Reviews
- 198 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to State of Tamil Nadu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Tamil Nadu
- Posted in Travel Livorno Forum "Ferry to Sardinia "
- Commented on one of giampiero6's State of Tamil Nadu travel pages
- Wrote a Review 'Bharata Natyam', sacred dance in State of Tamil Nadu Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "'Bharata Natyam', sacred dance"
- updated a State of Tamil Nadu Travel Page "Tamil Nadu:- temple & temple & temple & temple...."
Photos in State of Tamil NaduSee All Photos (198)
Top 10 Pages
- Jerusalem Intro, 124 reviews, 314 photos, 4 travelogues
- India Intro, 48 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 27 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 28 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toledo Intro, 32 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Delhi Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santorini Island Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Quilon Intro, 12 reviews, 58 photos
- Meteora Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos
- Prague Intro, 16 reviews, 52 photos