"The Dead Sea Scrolls" Khirbat Qumran by FruitLover
Khirbat Qumran Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 53 photos
Qumran's fame comes from a break-away sect, known as the ESSENES, who lived and studied there for two centuries - from the end of Hashmonean period, through the great revolt of the Jews against the Romans - and left in the surrounding caves a magnificent legacy, that we now call the Dead Sea Scroll.
Ancient Hebrew scrolls accidently discovered in 1947 by a Bedouin boy, caused a geat excitement because these Dead-Sea Scrolls reveal about the history of the Second Temple period( 520 BCE- 70 CE), until its destruction in 70 CE - a time of crucial developments in the crystallization of the MONOTHEISTIC RELIGIONS.
FruitLover's Related Pages
Khirbat Qumran Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Qumran, still in Israel for now"
- "The Dead Sea Scrolls"
- "The Script Rolls of the Dead Sea"
- "Dead-Sea Scrolls"
- "The Essenes and the Dead Sea Scrolls"
- "Qumran National Park - Dead Sea Scrolls"
- "Famous for Dead Sea Scrolls"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Caribbean and Central America
- Virginia Key Hotels
- Province of Quezon
- Southern Thailand Hotels
- San Luis Reservoir State Recreation Area Hotels
- Goose Rocks Beach Hotels
- Oued Laou Hotels
- Mandurah Hotels
- Pulau Pangkor
Badges & Stats in Khirbat Qumran
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Khirbat Qumran?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Khirbat Qumran
Top 10 Pages
- Jerusalem Intro, 124 reviews, 314 photos, 4 travelogues
- India Intro, 48 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 27 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 28 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toledo Intro, 32 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Delhi Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santorini Island Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Quilon Intro, 12 reviews, 58 photos
- Meteora Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos
- Prague Intro, 16 reviews, 52 photos