"Backwaters- life can be so simple and nice" Quilon by FruitLover
Quilon Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 149 photos
Quilon (Kollam) is a typical small Keralan market town, nestled amongst coconut palms and cashew tree plantations on the edge of the Ashtamudi Lake.
Moving more inland from the seaside resorts, we got into a pastoral vision, in the scenic charm of the backwaters of Kerala, using local authentic transportation boat. The term 'backwaters' defines the innumerable inland lakes and lagoons, and arterial waterways - "Venice of the South". There is a timeless quality to the tranquil life on the banks of these backwaters.
All parts of the coconut palm are useful, and the trees have a comparatively high yield; it therefore has significant... more travel advice
FruitLover's Related Pages
Quilon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Backwaters- life can be so simple and nice"
- "Quilon/Kollam & The Backwaters"
- "Welcome to Kollam \ Quilon and Enjoy the Cashew"
- "Pictures of Quilon"
- "My Backwaters Experience Started Here..."
- "Kollom (Quilon) - Kerala"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Quilon
- 12 Reviews
- 58 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Quilon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Quilon
Photos in QuilonSee All Photos (58)
Top 10 Pages
- Jerusalem Intro, 124 reviews, 314 photos, 4 travelogues
- India Intro, 48 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 27 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 28 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toledo Intro, 32 reviews, 62 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Delhi Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Santorini Island Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Quilon Intro, 12 reviews, 58 photos
- Meteora Intro, 24 reviews, 45 photos
- Prague Intro, 16 reviews, 52 photos