"Kolasin / www.landbroker.me" Top 5 Page for this destination Kolasin by Gligoroff
Kolasin Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 53 photos
Kolasin is a small town in the north of Montenegro, situated at the altitude of 954 m and it offers excellent vacation in winter, as well as in summer time. Due to its altitude and favorable climate, Kolasin is considered an air spa. It is surrounded by the mountains Bjelasica, Sinjajevina, Kljuc, Vucje and Komovi. Mountain lakes on Bjelasica are natural beauties of the Kolasin area, as well as the canyons of the rivers Tara, Mrtvica and Moraca.
A special attraction for the tourists is Biogradsko lake, situated in the National park "Biogradska gora", which is near Kolasin, contains one of the three preserved wild forests in Europe with the typical jungle vegetation. Biogradsko lake is situated at the altitude of 1094 m, and it has developed pedestrian paths all around. It is the most famous and the biggest lake in the area, located in the middle of the park. The 80 percents of this area are woods. Many trees are over 500 years old. There are 26 plant ecosystems, 86 kinds of trees and over 220 various plants.
Kolasin was founded in 17 century and today it is a tourist winter center. Elementary school, high school and kinder garden have a joint yard, which is not very well arranged and that is how volunteers could contribute to this town - by arranging the yard. Kolasin is about 75 km away from Podgorica, capital of Montenegro.
- Pros:You can imagine nothing more beautiful then what nature endowed to this region long time ago
- In a nutshell:There, where you need to take no aspirins in your luggage, you are to feel the influence of the unique mountain ?sedatives?
“You can imagine nothing more beautiful then what nature endowed to this region long time ago”, many people would say... more travel advice
Hotel “Bianka” with its harmonious architecture dominates the town. It has 340 beds at disposal and it is the most... more travel advice
Gligoroff's Related Pages
Kolasin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A mountain resort"
- "Kolasin / www.landbroker.me"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kolasin
- Hotels in Kolasin
- Transportation in Kolasin
- Restaurants in Kolasin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kolasin
- 5 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Kolasin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kolasin
Top 5 Pages
- Dubrovnik Intro, 17 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kolasin Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos
- Plitvicka Jezera National Park Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Nacionalni Park Biogradska Gora Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Otok Lokrum Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos