"Pochomil Beach -- Nicaragua Pacific Coast" Pochomil by ReinaMorena

Pochomil Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 102 photos

Vamos a la Playa... O o ooo!

Pochomil was the last place we visited on our delegation to Nicaragua this year. Its 2 hours by bus from Managua and just so you know up front, it can be a nerve racking. Mostly because if you dont end up on a first class bus(like the nice coach buses or amtrak stlye buses), you are most likely to be squeezed on to a good old ex LA school bus (repainted of course). That really isnt all that bad (but Im used to it) but it gets annoying and it just seems like its more dangerous(all that weight is going to pop a tire and we are on the side of a mountain for a lot of the ride). By time we got to Pochomil, however we were the only ones left on the bus so we got to spread out before we got off the bus! YEAH! Apparently we must have gone in the off season cause the beach was not over run (which I LOVED) by tourist, native or foreign. Regardless of how you get there (see my tips) Pochomil is a must see! Im sure you'll love the view and waves!

As the sun went down...

We got to Pochomil Beach, Ran up to our hotel, Checked in and ran down to the beach! We worked to hard to get this far to miss a wonderful sunset. As you can tell.... it was worth the effort. There was a storm off the coast... no where near us but we could see the lighting in the clouds. But this gave our sunset yummy colors and we got a free light show to boot.

Great pics to be taken here,,,as well as great food, and drink!

• Pros:Sol, Arena y Mar. Sand, Sun and Sea! Great seafood too.
  • Cons:Nothing that cant be overlooked... worth the trouble.
  • In a nutshell:Mango Colored sunsets and Bright stars on the beach at night. Warm seafoam days! Pure delight.
  • Last visit to Pochomil: Aug 2006
  • Intro Updated Sep 1, 2006

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2009 at 9:26 AM

Great Pochomil tips! I visited 20 years ago, but I never stayed over night. Hope to go there when I visit Nicarugua again!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2007 at 6:19 AM

Thanks for sending me a postcard from Nicaragua but it has not yet arrived :( Got a postcard of Nicaragua from another VT traveller so it is OK :)

ReinaMorena

“"No espero nada, no tengo miedo de nada, Soy Libre!”

Badges & Stats in Pochomil

Have you been to Pochomil?

Latest Activity in Pochomil