"Well worth the journey" Orkney by clivedinburgh
Orkney Travel Guide: 214 reviews and 410 photos
I travelled to Orkney by driving from Edinburgh up the A9 to Inverness and then up all the way to the car ferry at Gills Bay. The trip itself was a pleasure but I had a ferry to meet so didn't stop off too much.
I've had family living up here since the early seventies and to my ear they sound welsh initially but they hotly dispute this. Had a great trip here and made the time to visit some of the deserted beaches about the place but didn't do too many touristy things.
Will be visiting again shortly......
clivedinburgh's Related Pages
Orkney Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Magical Orkney - Sea, Sky, Fire, Stone .."
- "The Orkney Islands."
- "Old Cultures and wonderful nature"
- "The Orkney Islands, a place to feel"
- "Beautiful Orkney"
- "Orkneys - my favourite part of Scotland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Orkney
- Hotels in Orkney
- Transportation in Orkney
- Nightlife in Orkney
- Restaurants in Orkney
- Shopping in Orkney
- Warnings and Dangers in Orkney
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Orkney
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Orkney?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Orkney
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Edinburgh Intro, 101 reviews, 126 photos
- Dunfermline Intro, 61 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast Intro, 42 reviews, 24 photos
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Langholm Intro, 20 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Glasgow Intro, 27 reviews, 8 photos
- Malmö Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos
- Ljubljana Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos
- Leith Intro, 16 reviews, 15 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 20 reviews, 3 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Top Orkney hotels
- Mainland Island Hotels
- 1 Hotel