"Poet's corner" Top 5 Page for this destination Dumfries by clivedinburgh
Dumfries Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 66 photos
Dumfries has a long historic past and remains the administritive centre for Dumfries and Galloway today. The town was home to Robert Burns but there is far more to see than and do in the "gateway to Scotland". The caul on the river Nith gives the water upstream a millpond like calmness that produces some great reflections as shown.
This is a 12th century castle near the Nith estuary to the south east of Dumfries that is a typical moated castle that... more travel advice
The footpath running from Dock Park down to Kingholm Quay is good for a sunday stroll, once you get to this silted up... more travel advice
clivedinburgh's Related Pages
Dumfries Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Poet's corner"
- "Well, we all have to come from somewhere!"
- "More than Meets the Eye"
- "a weekend on carruchan farm"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dumfries
- Hotels in Dumfries
- Transportation in Dumfries
- Nightlife in Dumfries
- Restaurants in Dumfries
- Warnings and Dangers in Dumfries
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dumfries
- 17 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Dumfries?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dumfries
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Edinburgh Intro, 101 reviews, 126 photos
- Dunfermline Intro, 61 reviews, 73 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast Intro, 42 reviews, 24 photos
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Langholm Intro, 20 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Glasgow Intro, 27 reviews, 8 photos
- Malmö Intro, 14 reviews, 21 photos
- Ljubljana Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos
- Leith Intro, 16 reviews, 15 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 20 reviews, 3 photos